Action Against Hunger Operations Director Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Action Against Hunger Ethiopia looking for “Operations Director”.
Applicants with a Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 07th February, 2024.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization which originated in France and is committed to ending world hunger. The organization helps malnourished children and provides communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
The Action Against Hunger has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January,2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations Director to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Action Against Hunger Job Vacancy 2024
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the Country Office Finance, Safety & Access, Human Resources, Safeguarding, ICT and Logistics departments ensuring that all activities are coordinated.
- In close coordination with the Country Director and Program Director, and Area Coordinators, lead the support department’s participation in the Grant development process by ensuring all support departments plan costs and needs in a timely fashion
- Continue the development and monitoring of high performing teams, capable of gearing up to provide a humanitarian response when necessary, ensuring that the Program secures value for money at all times and that Action Against Hunger procedures and processes.
- Finance: Ensure the continued analysis of the burn rate across all grants, and where necessary support the programme and field teams in analysis and implementation of actions identified
- Logistics: Monitor procurement load on a regular basis, and focus on implementing premises and fleet development identified in the Ethiopia mission improvement plan over the next 2-3 years.
- Safeguarding: Support the Safeguarding team in the implementation of safeguarding policies, follow up of safeguarding issues, and awareness and take up of safe3guarding responsibilities at field level.
- ICT: Ensure communication infrastructure improvements identified in the country improvement plan are budgeted and carried out; and ensure sufficient ICT support in all bases
- HR: Continue the implementation of new performance management tool, following up on the associated tools and their use and implementation (including personal Indicator and Training catalogues); follow up on the intern programme; develop a training culture at field level; ensure sufficient support staff support in all bases in accordance with the mission improvement plan.
- Safety and Access: Responsible for providing leadership on safety access implementation and operational support to enable safest and most effective implementation of programs and activities. The OD must support the development of a Safety and Access culture in all departments and field bases alike, in accordance with the developing safety and access polices of AAH USA.
- Safety and Access: Ensure the analysis of security trends, and lead on the updating of implementation of Action Against Hunger Security Management tools and processes.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, Safeguarding Manager and HR HoD oversee the end-to-end management of investigations
- Lead on representation with security actors such as United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA), USAID and other Donors and partners.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Operations Director
- Job Category: Operations
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Deadline: 07/02/2024
- Undergraduate in Social /Development/Humanitarian studies or any other related field.
- Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- 7 years INGO experience preferably, with previous experience as Operations Director
- Previous experience in all of the following: Security, HR, Finance, Logistics (including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory, Information Communication and Technology and Information Systems).
How to Apply Action Against Hunger Operations Director Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/action-against-hunger/j/EBACF2E795/apply/
The Closing Date: 07th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- WFP Community Feedback and Response Mechanism Officer Jobs 2024
- IFC Associate Investment Officer Jobs 2024
- Jhpiego Grant Contract and Budget Manager Jobs 2024
- Jhpiego Regional Government Affairs and Policy Lead Jobs 2024
- UNOPS Project Coordinator Jobs 2024
- UNDP Field Security Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNDP Engineer Jobs 2024