Care Gender and Livelihood Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Care Ethiopia looking for “Gender and Livelihood Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in BA Degree may apply on or before 29th June 2023.
At the end of World War II, with much of the world in ruins, Arthur Ringland and Dr. Lincoln Clark approach 22 American charities to propose a non-profit corporation to funnel food packages from Americans to loved ones in Europe. The charities agree and on November 27, they incorporate the Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe (CARE).
The Care has published a job vacancy announcement on 26th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Gender and Livelihood Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Care Job Vacancy 2023
- Jointly prepares the project’s annual implementation plan and monitoring system for the gender and Livelihoods intervention of UPLIFT HER project.
- Lead the gender and livelihood program implementation at field office proceeds according to approved plans.
- Technical support to regular assessment and analysis of gender norms and relations UPLIFT HER operational areas to feed into project learning and strategy revisions.
- Contribute to the gender auditing to develop the gender integration guideline for key government partners.
- Technical leadership to the implementation of the gender integration guidelines closely working with the government partners and project stakeholders.
- Ensure the quality implementation of CARE approach in gender and livelihood; social analysis, and action (SAA), village saving and loan association (VSLA) and FFBS.
- Provide technical inputs for the project to undertakes/facilitates project baseline studies, annual reviews, and final evaluations.
- Monitors progress and provides ongoing feedback to UPLIFT HER team and partners’ proposing adjustments in annual implementation plans according to emerging needs and priorities.
- Facilitates linkage of target households with private sector to engage them in the appropriate livelihood pathways to ensure health diet and resilience
- Organizes and coordinates needs assessment for the capacity building in relation to gender and livelihood project implementation strategies, methodologies, and activities.
- With the partners, develops a capacity building plan and contributes to the development of training material.
- Organize trainings, workshops, on-site mentoring, and coaching activities to ensure internalization and quality implementation of UPLIFT HER gender strategy, guidelines, and methodologies in program activities.
- Closely work with the relevant government structures to facilitate gender and nutrition-related activities and monitoring in the operational areas.
- Build the capacity of project staffs, subgrantee, government partners, and community in the gender strategy, guidelines, and methodologies identified to integrate and address gender issues as part of UPLIFT HER activities and national food and nutrition policies.
- Capacitate the government partners and project team for implementation of YSLAs, FFBS, agricultural marketing and value chain application initiated by UPLIFT HER program.
- Lead the scheduling and delivery to training to different groups and Associations to build local level capacity in improved nutrition sensitive agricultural production and marketing practices for development.
Position in Organization:
- GENDER AND LIVELIHOOD SPECIALIST
- Work Location : Ethiopia – Addis Ababa
- Type of Post :
- Other Possible Location :
- Funding : APPROVED
- Expected Travel :
- Type of Contract :
- Language Requirement :
- Application Deadline : 6/29/23
- Employee Duration : Full-Time
Qualification & Experience:
- BA degree in Gender, social sciences, livelihood, business, economics, nutrition, food security, or equivalent combination of education.
- 4 years of relevant experience with the first degree and 3 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree of progressive responsibility relating to gender, livelihood, economic development.
- Experience with undertaking capacity building initiatives and partnership management.
- Experience with undertaking operational research related activities.
How to Apply Care Gender and Livelihood Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 29th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.