Save the Children Project SBC/Gender Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Uganda looking for “Project SBC/Gender Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 20, 2023.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on December 11, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Project SBC/Gender Officer to be based in Wakiso, Uganda.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Lead the development of SBCC strategies/interventions that promote and empower healthy diets and practices among adolescents in Kampala. Ensure that these strategies are evidence-based, gender-sensitive, and culturally sensitive.
- Oversee the implementation of SBCC interventions, working closely with community stakeholders, schools, and health facilities. Coordinate activities, campaigns, and community outreach efforts.
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation framework to track the impact of SBCC interventions. Collect and analyse data to assess the effectiveness of behavior change initiatives and make necessary adjustments.
- Provide training and capacity-building support to community health workers, educators, and volunteers involved in SBCC initiatives. Ensure that they understand the importance of gender equity in promoting healthy diets.
- Foster strong relationships with community members, leaders, and parents to gain their support for SBCC initiatives. Promote community participation and ownership of the programs.
- Prepare regular reports on the progress and impact of SBCC interventions. Share success stories, lessons learned, and recommendations with the team and stakeholders.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 4689
- Job Category: Programme Operations
- Posting Date: 12/05/2023, 02:01 PM
- Apply Before: 12/20/2023, 05:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Wakiso
- At least a university degree in public health, nursing/midwifery, SWASA or related field.
- At least three years of experience; program coordination experience required,
- Proven work experience in public health program implementation preferably in ASRH, Nutrition, social behaviour changes at sub-national level,
- Sound understanding of local government systems, previous work experience in Kampala would be an added advantage,
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills including dealing both directly and indirectly with government officials and other partners/stakeholders at various levels,
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment, and to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Written and oral fluency in English is a requirement.
How to Apply Save the Children Project SBC/Gender Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 20, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Save the Children Program Manager Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Human Resources and Administration Officer Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Head of Health and Nutrition Jobs 2024
- RSCE Associate Legal Officer Jobs 2024
- UNDOS Procurement Officer Jobs 2024
- PACT Technical Program Director Jobs 2023
- IUCN Senior Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Director of Finance and Administration Jobs 2023