UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Uganda looking for “Associate Human Resources Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 21, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on December 08, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Human Resources Officer to be based in Arua, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
Workforce Operational Support:
- – Assist in implementation of HR initiatives that support organizational culture change such as good people management practices, and promoting gender, inclusion and diversity.
- – Implement HR operational activities to ensure timely provision of HR solutions, prioritizing according to the needs and risks.
- – Contribute to the development of a HR customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation and high performance.
- – Provide support, guidance and trainings to HR staff.
- Assignments and Talent Acquisition:
- – Coordinate the process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of locally-recruited staff and affiliate workforce, also assisting with set up and running of (Regional) Assignments Committee where relevant.
- – Assist in organizing outreach campaigns to attract diverse applicants. Ensure proper consideration is given to all applicants without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
- – Analyse, track and report on recruitment and assignments trends for management, including efforts to reach gender parity.
- – Take a proactive approach to risk management in the areas of recruitment, ensuring the issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
- Advice to managers and staff, and contribution to an inclusive work environment:
- – Build dialog and outreach with staff; answer questions, and provide information to staff as to where to go for help or ask questions.
- – Be proactive in identifying issues, themes and patterns affecting the workforce’s health and welfare, including sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
- – Ensure that on-boarding, induction, re-integration into the workplace and off-boarding support, is provided to colleagues. Induction programmes should include information on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Sexual Harassment, Code of Conduct as well as workforce’s rights and obligations.
- HR policies and inter-agency:
- – Enforce compliance with UNHCR’s Human Resources policies and procedures and the UN staff rules, regulations and UNHCR administrative instructions.
- – Participate in the ICSC survey on living conditions and classification of duty stations as well as in the UN Country Team local staff salary survey and other local inter-agency HR-related fora and initiatives.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2332285
- 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- HR-Local mass recruitment
- HR-Talent Development and Nurturing
- HR-HR data and people analytics
- HR-Employee Relationship Management
- SO-Learning Agility
- HR-HR Business Partnering
- MG-Client Relationship Management
- HR-Inclusion, Diversity and Gender strategy design and implementation
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- NRC Grants Manager Jobs 2023
- GGGI Communication and Knowledge Sharing Associate Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International Consultant Jobs 2023
- IRC Human Resource and Administration Manager Jobs 2023
- IGCP Head of Human Resource Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Chief Child Survival and Development Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Office Administrator Jobs 2023
- IGCP Senior Events and Account Relationship Manager Jobs 2023