CIMMYT Seed Systems Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. CIMMYT Ethiopia looking for “Seed Systems Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in PhD Degree may apply on or before 13th June 2023.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is an international organization focused on non-profit agricultural research and training that empowers farmers through science and innovation to nourish the world in the midst of a climate crisis. Applying high-quality science and strong partnerships, CIMMYT works to achieve a world with healthier and more prosperous people, free from global food crises and with more resilient agri-food systems. CIMMYT’s research brings enhanced productivity and better profits to farmers, mitigates the effects of the climate crisis, and reduces the environmental impact of agriculture.
The CIMMYT has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Seed Systems Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)|
|Position||Seed Systems Specialist|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||13th June 2023|
CIMMYT Job Vacancy 2023
- Collaborate with relevant public and private sector institutions, contribute to deploying and scaling up seeds in support of cropping systems in Sudan, including but not limited to groundnut, sorghum, sesame, and vegetable seed systems.
- Provide technical support to seed companies, NGOs, and NARS in designing and implementing seed road maps and systems analysis for seed system scaling to meet seed demand for target beneficiaries.
- Work with Gender Lead to ensure gender- and market-responsive seed systems interventions and extension approaches for enhancing livelihoods, including demonstration of new varieties to generate demand and capacity building of local institutions.
- Support sustainable intensification practices that promote soil health in climate-resilient crop production.
- Promote and manage various rural development and innovation models around extension/seed system/climate innovative technologies engaging institutions, change agents, and stakeholders.
- Lead the development of approaches for promoting seed entrepreneurship amongst women and youth.
- Engage with knowledge agencies, training institutions, and experts for stakeholder capacity building and strengthening partnership.
- Lead the collection and dissemination of high-quality seed producibility data to seed companies, NGOs, and community-based organizations.
- Document the work through high-quality technical reports that demonstrate project impacts.
- Work with and support project and program economists to implement a broader social science research agenda related to seed system strengthening, seed marketing, market intelligence, agri-business, and end-user preferences in the region.
- Contribute to the positioning of CIMMYT as a thought leader in debate related to legume and cereal seed systems development through high-level publications and presentations.
- Engage local stakeholders (seed companies, CGIAR breeding teams, NGOs) on strategies, policies, and research to address bottlenecks in legume and cereal systems in Sudan and the region.
Position in Organization:
- Seed Systems Specialist
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Sustainable Agrifood Systems (SAS)
- Full time
Qualification & Experience:
- D. in Crop Science, Breeding, Seed Systems, and any relevant field.
- 5 or more years of experience in international agriculture development research, preferably working on seed systems.
How to Apply CIMMYT Seed Systems Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/cimmyt-1/j/69E5B46727/
The Closing Date: 13th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.