CIP Research Associate Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. CIP Uganda looking for “Research Associate“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 07, 2023.
The International Potato Center (CIP) is a research facility based in Lima, Peru, that seeks to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweet potato, other root and tuber crops, and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other mountain areas. It was established in 1971 by decree of the Peruvian government.
The CIP has published a job vacancy announcement on June 03, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Research Associate to be based in Namulonge, Uganda.
CIP Job Vacancy 2023
- Assemble & maintain virus indexed plant materials for founders, advanced clones, and wild relatives of sweetpotato.
- Collect and maintain insect transmission vectors.
- Collect, purify, maintain, and multiply isolates of Begomoviruses.
- Conduct screenhouse & field evaluations of the sweetpotato breeding founders, advanced clones, and wild relatives for response to Begomoviruses.
- Support the introgression of Begomoviruse resistance into a pre-breeding trait deployment pipeline.
- Write scientific papers describing your research findings and present them at conferences.
Position in Organization:
- Resource Type: National Recruited Staff (NRS)
- Region: SSA
- Closing date: 06/07/2023
- Industry: Research and Development
- City: Namulonge
- State/Province: Namulonge
- Country: Uganda
- Zip/Postal Code: CIP
- MSc degree in virology, microbiology, or related field, or related discipline.
- At least three years of experience is required.
- Experience with sweetpotato virus research
- Experience with using loop mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) assay.
- Extensive knowledge of virology principles, methods, and techniques
- Ability to design and execute experiments independently.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and good personal organization skills.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
How to Apply CIP Research Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: June 07, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More jobs
- Sightsavers Project Coordinator Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Director Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Jobs 2023
- Bioversity International Consultant Jobs 2023
- GGGI Internship for Forestry and Nature-Based Solutions Jobs 2023
- UNOIOS Evaluation Officer Jobs 2023
- Alight Driver Jobs 2023
- FINCA Digital Marketing Officer Jobs 2023