DCA Peace Building and Social Cohesion Advisor Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. DCA Ethiopia looking for “Peace Building and Social Cohesion Advisor“. Applicants with a degree in MA Degree may apply on or before 17th March 2023.
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Denmark-based international NGO registered under certificate # 1083 by the Authority for Civil Society Organizations and working to improve the well being of particularly the rural and pre-urban people in Ethiopia. DCA’s Programme mainly focus on save live, building resilience and fighting inequality targeting highly disaster-prone areas in Oromia, Amhara, Afar, and Gambella regions.
The DCA has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Peace Building and Social Cohesion Advisor to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Position||Peace Building and Social Cohesion Advisor|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||1|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||17th March 2023|
DCA Job Vacancy 2023
- Assist the country office in designing and implementing peace building and social cohesion interventions.
- Responsible for leading, designing and implementing peace building and social cohesion activities of the DCA projects.
- Responsible for leading and supervising all technical aspects of the peace building component of the projects.
- Oversee the implementation of grass roots community conversation sessions and facilitate the undertaking of peace related events.
- Over sea partners project that are relevant to peace building & social cohesion.
- Actively take part in dispute resolution and social cohesion related assessments in refugee camps and host communities.
- Design proper strategies and approaches to effective implementation of peace building and social cohesion initiatives.
- Build capacity of stakeholders on the area of peace building and social cohesion.
- Prepare detailed work plan for implementation of peace and social cohesion activities of project.
- Collect and share new updates and developments related to social cohesion and peace building both at regional and national level.
- Develop and implement guidelines, manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that could help in mainstreaming of conflict.
- Take part and technically lead proposal development related to peace building.
- Timely and quality implementation of peace related activities and attainment of targets.
- Carefully formulate and produce regular reports as per donor expectations including human interest stories and best practices.
- Ensure the participation of faith-based institutions, grass roots community structures and government agencies in all DCA peace building activities.
- Provide technical guidance for DCA and partners staff on peace building.
- Support the fundraising related to peace building / social cohesion.
Position in Organization:
- Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/VA-010/2023
- Vacancy Date: March 04,2023
- Post Title: Peace Building and Social Cohesion Advisor
- Required number: One
- Type of Contract: One year contract with possibility of Extension
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa
- Reporting to: Head of Program
- Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- Application Deadline: March 17,2023
- Salary: According to DCA national staff salary scale
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum MA Degree in Conflict Studies, Peace building or other Social Sciences.
- At least 3 years experience implementing social cohesion and peace building programs.
How to Apply DCA Peace Building and Social Cohesion Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://dca-1.career.emply.com/ad/peace-building-and-social-cohesion-advisor-ethiopia/k6407p
The Closing Date: 17th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.