DRC Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
DRC Uganda looking for “Finance and Administration Assistant”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before January 30, 2024.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on January 22, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance and Administration Assistant to be based in Imvepi, Uganda.
DRC Job Vacancy 2024
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, check the eligibility of invoices presented in payment, identifying mistakes and missing documentation to be completed in compliance with DRC procurement procedures and budget monitoring;
- Accurately prepare the necessary documents, compile source documents and submit complete documentation to the Finance Assistant daily for postings of all the paid transactions in the cash book
- Check the justification of operational advances before making payment and ensure of the settlement in a reasonable time.
- Track cash advances and ensure no outstanding advance for over a period of a month
- Ensure monthly scanning of the accounting documents and save them on finance drive.
- Update monthly the scan report and share it with the Senior Finance Officer at Arua.
- Ensure that the withholding taxes is well calculated, recorded in the cash book and paid at monthly basis.
- Participate in audits preparation/execution (compilation of audit requirements)
- Implement financial policies and procedures in accordance with DRC Operational Handbook.
- Makes all payments, process approved payments of supplier / service provider invoices on the basis of complete documentation for bank and cash.
- Makes/ responsible for all field cash transactions, physically makes payments in the field /or follow up closely on proper accountabilities for all field cash expenditures
- Prepares Payment Vouchers for all payments.
- Establish the cash requirements, and maintain adequate cash levels and related cash controls, safe custody of safe keys
- Responsible for banking activities and ensure custody of available funds
- Maintain financial files (physical and soft copies) and records according to DRC Operations hand book.
Position in Organization:
- Department: Uganda
- Workplace: Imvepi
- Contract Type: National contract
- Posted: 19 Jan 2024
- Expires: 30 Jan 2024
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, accounting or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience of working with NGO is added advantage
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a team to achieve work priorities and objectives.
- Enthusiasm as a team player, who is flexible, always ready to take on new challenges and drives for results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and deliver under pressure
- A Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Etc.) is considerable
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
How to Apply DRC Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://job.drc.ngo/jobs/job?id=170171
The Closing Date: January 30, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2024
- IRC Digital Archivist Jobs 2024
- UNDP Field Security Associate Jobs 2024
- NRC Education Specialist Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Director Jobs 2024
- Human Rights Watch Senior Researcher Jobs 2024
- World Bank Senior Social Protection Specialist/ Senior Economist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children MEAL Specialist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Program Officer Jobs 2024