DRC Finance Specialist Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
DRC Ethiopia looking for “Finance Specialist”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 25th January, 2024.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 22nd January, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
DRC Job Vacancy 2024
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff.
- Provide technical support and advice to the country finance teams, team leader, and finance manager.
- Participate in conducting trainings for staff in the field offices and develop their technical skills by ensuring all processes related to organizational policies, donor guidelines and governmental requirements are adhered too.
- Collect bi-weekly cash forecast/requirements from all field offices, Compile the different forecast, prepare the Country cash request and share with Finance Manager bi weekly for final review and submission.
- Follow up with the bank on receipt of international funds and local instalments.
- In cooperation with the Field Finance Officers, anticipate the cash need for each field office and prepare the bank and cash transfers in order to keep sufficient funds in each field offices. Inform the Finance Manager on the coming transfers.
- Ensure that the cash management policy is in place in each field office.
- Follow up monthly on the financial overview and liquidity report and take necessary actions if the bank balances are not compliant with DRC internal policy.
- Analyze the variances between cash forecast VS spending and prepare explanation on the discrepancies to be forwarded to Finance Manager.
- Minimize financial risks by ensuring that DRC financial policies and procedures as set in Operations Handbook and any other CO/RO/HQ instructions are strictly adhered to through predefined effective internal control system.
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies, and statutory returns.
- Support the finance team in routine tasks to keep the books up to date and participate in cash counts, bank reconciliations, and other areas of month-end closure.
- Monitor accounts as per the assigned areas (e.g. Accounts Payable, interim accounts, etc.) and suggest improvements in accounting practices.
- Review settlement of main accounts and other interim accounts and follow up with Area Office Finance staff to ensure all nominal accounts are cleared within approved time frame.
- Follow up with field finance officer and ensure the cash advances are settled no later than one month including reporting any pending cash advance more than a month to Finance Manager, keeping head of Support copied.
- Review and monitor completion of month end tasks by all area offices and country office. Follow up and monitor monthly reconciliation overviews of balance sheet items.
- Responsible for regular quality check of payment requests/ financial documents prior to payment and providing colleagues with clear feedback / guidance on improvement of systems.
- Participate in competitive bidding process as the representative of the finance department.
Position in Organization:
- Title: Finance Specialist – Gerenral Account-Maternity Cover
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Employment Category: G2
- Salary Range: USD 946.00 – 1,151.00 per month which specific amount will be determined up on candidates experience and educational relevancy
- Reporting To: Finance Manager
- Contract Duration: Five (5) Months
- Posting date: January 19, 2024
- Required Employee: 1
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, financial management or related field.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3 years’ proven progressive experience in finance related positions
- Proven experience in working with financial management of projects funded by international donors
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial compliance and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Experience working with an ERP system.
- Strong command of spoken and written English.
How to Apply DRC Finance Specialist Jobs 2024
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19012&ProjectId=170173 under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated email address no later than January 25, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- Handicap International Armed Violence Reduction Specialist Jobs 2024
- FAO Crop Production Specialist Jobs 2024
- FAO Irrigation Specialist Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Senior Finance Officer Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Senior Durable Solutions Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Gender Programmatic Review Consultant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Human Resources Associate Jobs 2024