DRC Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. DRC Nigeria looking for “Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding Coordinator”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 06 June 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 May 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding Coordinator to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Purpose: DRC is seeking a dynamic person to fill the role of Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding Coordinator for its Nigeria country programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to peacebuilding staff to enhance their relevant skills and capacities to deliver programmes and projects effectively and with quality.
- In coordination with the DRC HoP and Operations Manager, provide capacity building support to humanitarian mine action staff in cross-cutting areas of project implementation such as reporting, quality assurance, conflict sensitivity and systematization of lessons learned and best practices.
- Provide guidance to all HDP staff on approaches to capacity development and guidance for engaging and working with national partners.
- Support the Head of Programme in resource mobilization efforts including technical liaison and engagement with donors, stakeholders, technical working groups, forums etc.
- Coordinate with other actors and stakeholders both at the local and national level to ensure that DRC’s HDP programming in well-linked into other related initiatives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in political science, international development, peace and conflict studies or other relevant field. Postgraduate degree may be accepted in lieu of masters.
- Practical trainings or courses in peacebuilding, conflict management, mediation and dialogue facilitation.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in peacebuilding or social cohesion programming, including with an international NGO.
- Experience and strong understanding of peacebuilding programmes is essential, with experience in and familiarity of humanitarian mine action desirable.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff in social cohesion and peacebuilding programming, and or conflict management, mediation, and dialogue facilitation.
- Proven experience with representation in Clusters, Working groups and other relevant technical bodies.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNDP Solutions Adviser Jobs
- UNOCHA Public Information Officer Jobs
- UNDP Civil Society Engagement Analyst Jobs
- FHI 360 Senior Finance Manager Jobs
- UNICEF Health Officer Jobs
- Action Contre La Faim Smart Programme Manager Jobs
- UNICEF International Consultancy – Content Development and Knowledge Management Jobs