DRC National Protection Cluster Co Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. DRC Ethiopia looking for “National Protection Cluster Co Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in Postgraduate Degree may apply on or before 16th June 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 2nd June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of National Protection Cluster Co Coordinator to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Overall Purpose Of The Job: Since late 2019 Ethiopia has been embroiled in a context of complex emergencies. The national-level Protection Cluster has never been so relevant and the successor to the current Co-Coordinator been so essential. The Co-Coordinator role is hosted by DRC in partnership with UNHCR – the Lead Agency for Protection. The Co-Coordinator supports and works alongside other humanitarian sectors, liaising closely with OCHA and the broader humanitarian community, to respond to increasingly complex humanitarian needs including significant numbers of conflict- and climate-induced displacement. The DRC Protection Cluster Co-Coordinator will work with the UNHCR-appointed Coordinator – responsible for the overall implementation of the cluster coordination role in accordance with IASC guidelines on cluster leadership and accountability – to: a) strengthen effective management of the cluster, b) improve the representation of INGOs and other key stakeholders, including national civil society organizations and c) reinforce the accountability of the humanitarian response towards the cluster’s people of concern in order to enhance humanitarian protection programming and advocacy.
Position in Organization:
- Title: National Protection Cluster Co-coordinator
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Employment Category: G
- Reporting To: Country Director
- Start of Contract & Duration: December 31, 2023
- Reposting date: June 02, 2023
- Required Employee: 1
- Deadline: 16th June 2023
- Postgraduate degree in international law, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 7years proven experience working on protection related issues in humanitarian environments, including provision of technical advice to field teams.
- Previous experience in cluster/sector coordination in complex emergency context; Previous experience as cluster coordinator or co-coordinator preferred.
- Proven experience with protection monitoring, documentation and analysis of protection data.
How to Apply DRC National Protection Cluster Co Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 16th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.