DRC Protection Analysis and Information Management Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
DRC Ethiopia looking for “Protection Analysis and Information Management Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 29, 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on December 16, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Protection Analysis and Information Management Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide technical expertise for DRC Ethiopia’s protection programming, particularly implementation of protection monitoring and assessment activities.
- Lead the development of DRC’s Protection Monitoring approach and related systems to ensure timely and up-to-date Protection analysis is available to inform programme design and advocacy
- Develop, implement and maintain DRC Ethiopia’s protection monitoring and analysis database including DEEP and Activityinfo.
- Develop and ensure adherence to DRC Protection Monitoring SoPs, including through training, coaching, supervision, and programme quality checks
- Develop protection tools, with an emphasis on protection monitoring in close collaboration with the Protection manager and the field teams
- Support field teams in conducting rapid protection assessments in new areas to identify existing/emerging protection needs
- Produce regular protection information management products, including monthly protection monitoring dashboards, country level protection monitoring reports, thematic reports, and flash reports based on primary and secondary data sources
- Support Protection Manager on dissemination of protection analysis findings and recommendations to DRC Senior Management and internal/external stakeholders (Protection Cluster, donors, programme teams)
- Provide capacity-building and mentoring to protection and other sector response team members on general protection, GBV, and child protection information management including data collection methodologies, protection information management, and adherence to protection principles
- Contribute to the development of concept notes and/or proposals and budgets for future protection programming and ensuring appropriate protection risk analysis to support project design
- Contribute to the strategic direction of DRC country protection programme through participation in strategy planning meetings and developing strategic documents
- Represent DRC and participate in cluster coordination and other meetings relevant to protection issues, including active participation in the Protection Analysis Working Group, and providing presentations on protection analysis at national and subnational coordination fora.
Position in Organization:
- Title: Protection Analysis and Information Management Specialist
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Employment Category: G2
- Reporting To: Protection Manager
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Start of Contract & Duration: 12 Months
- Contract type: National contract
- Posting date: December 15, 2023
- Application due: 12/29/2023
- Relevant university degree or qualification in information systems, communications, social sciences or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience with an NGO or UN agency, at least 1 year of which should be in an operational setting.
- Experience in developing, managing information and using databases in humanitarian settings.
- Experience compiling information for external dissemination.
- Good experience in research and data/information management, information security as well as quality assurance techniques.
- Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English.
How to Apply DRC Protection Analysis and Information Management Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 29, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.