DRC Protection Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. DRC Nigeria looking for “Protection Coordinator”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 06 June 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 May 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Protection Coordinator to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role is dedicated to technical coordination, advisory, fundraising and representing DRC in relevant technical fora and working group.
The Protection Coordinator is based in Abuja – but expected to travel frequently to Area Offices and field locations in Borno and Adamawa states and other areas as the geographic presence of DRC Nigeria develops.
- Provide technical advisory to the implementation teams and Country Office team on any stage of programme implementation.
- Lead on creation and roll out of the technical strategy with emphasis on needs of the affected communities, expansion to relevant sectors, and programme integration. Support the Head of Programmes on creating the Country Strategy.
- Provide technical inputs and review to proposals, reports, assessments and evaluations in line with the technical strategy.
- Provide technical capacity building to implementation teams and partners.
- Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in relevant field (International Law, International Relations, Political Science, Social Work, Humanitarian Assistance, Sociology, Psychology, or another related field) or equivalent.
- Experience with capacity building for national partners.
- Prior knowledge of Nigeria context.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the field of protection, at least 3 years of which at a senior technical level.
- Proven experience with proposal and report writing processes.
- Direct experience with drafting and reviewing of technical SoPs and guidelines, technical papers and analysis.
- Proven experience with representation in Clusters, Working groups and other relevant technical bodies.
- Proven experience with impactfully engaging with stakeholders and advocacy initiatives.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Protection Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNDP Solutions Adviser Jobs
- UNOCHA Public Information Officer Jobs
- UNDP Civil Society Engagement Analyst Jobs
- FHI 360 Senior Finance Manager Jobs
- UNICEF Health Officer Jobs
- Action Contre La Faim Smart Programme Manager Jobs
- UNICEF International Consultancy – Content Development and Knowledge Management Jobs