DRC Protection Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. DRC Ethiopia looking for “Protection Manager“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 6th July 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
DRC Protection Manager Jobs 2023
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Protection Manager to be based in Afar, Ethiopia.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Overall Purpose of the Role: The Protection Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation, and technical oversight of DRC Ethiopia’s Protection activities in Afar region, including protection monitoring, individual protection assistance, community-based protection, and psychosocial support for displacement-affected communities. The position holder will guide implementation, provide technical guidance to the protection team, and ensure proper procedures are followed for procurement, finance, and HR requirements, as well as timely and quality reporting. S/he will collaborate closely with DRC’s Country Office Protection Manager to ensure technical rigor and consistent application of DRC’s protection approaches, methods, and tools. This position will additionally focus on the potential scale-up of DRC’s interventions within Afar, including providing inputs for proposals and protection mainstreaming support for multi-sectoral teams.
Position in Organization:
- Protection Manager
- Location: Afar- Zone 2, Ethiopia
- Employment Category: F2
- Salary Range: USD 1,445 – 1757 per month which specific amount will be determined upon the candidate’s experience and educational relevancy
- Reporting To: Base or Area Manager
- Start of Contract & Duration: 12 Months
- Posting date: June 22, 2023
- Required Employee: 1
- Deadline: 6th July 2023
- University degree in gender studies, social sciences, law, social work, international development, or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an entry to mid-level position in the field of humanitarian protection for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Prior experience in emergency response to displacement and/or conflict context is required
How to Apply DRC Protection Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://job.drc.ngo/jobs/job?id=168474
The Closing Date: 6th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.