DRC Psychosocial Support Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. DRC Kenya looking for “Psychosocial Support Officer”. Applicants with a Diploma in Psychology may apply on or before 29 March 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Psychosocial Support Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Overall purpose of the role: The purpose of this post is to provide day to day management, psychosocial support (PFA) and related activities in Ifo, Hagadera and Dagahaley Camps in Dadaab. In particular, the person is responsible for screening for SGBV for new arrivals at the profiling desk, offering psychological first aid, triaging of SGBV at the SGBV field offices where necessary, referring all identified cases to relevant offices and partners for support and maintaining daily contact with the community level para-counsellors and community structures. S/he will work and liaise closely with the Protection assistants and Officers-PSS, MEAL on documentation of programme activities as per the donor requirements.
- Conduct S/GBV screening at the profiling desks targeting new arrivals and offer Psychological first aid to those in distress prior to their referral
- Identify the various services needed by the new arrivals and link them for support i.e. medical, PSS, legal and security
- Closely working with the protection officer GBV response and the finance officer, issue cash assistance to the identified beneficiaries and follow up for the services needed/the POCs have been referred for
- The staff can be deployed to the SGBV field offices to conduct triaging and link the POCs to the protection assistants for case management and or link non SGBV cases to other agencies for support as necessary
- Provide comprehensive psychosocial counseling to SGBV and non SGBV survivors focused on the survivor centered approaches at the safe spaces upon deployment
- Conduct and coordinate group sessions- therapy, psychoeducation, peer to peer sessions in collaboration with the case managers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Psychology, Social Work or other Social Science related field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in providing psychosocial counseling in a refugee context
- MUST be a Somali speaker and coming from Dadaab/Fafi Sub counties
- Knowledge and skills on computer, GBVIMS, GBV, Child protection and case management tools is an added advantage
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including empathic listening.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with clients, community members and professional partners.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Psychosocial Support Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 29 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs