DRC Regional Grants Specialist Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
DRC Uganda looking for “Regional Grants Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before January 03, 2024.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on December 09, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Grants Specialist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
DRC Job Vacancy 2024
Overall purpose of the role:
- The Regional Grants Specialist sits within the regional programmes team and is responsible for leadership, quality control and management of regional and multi-country grants within the EAGL region, and for providing technical support and advisory to regional colleagues. The Specialist will work closely with the Regional Business Development Coordinator, programmes and finance staff in the RO and the different Country Offices (COs) grants colleagues. The Regional Grants Specialist will specifically manage the DANIDA Strategic Partnership Agreement (SPA) for EAGL and support the different implementing entities to ensure effective grant administration, compliance and reporting.
Position in Organization:
- Application due: 1/3/2024
- Workplace: Kampala (Uganda)
- Department/Country: East Africa and Great Lakes Region
- Contract type: National contract
- Homepage: drc.ngo
- At least five years of professional experience in humanitarian or development contexts with grants and/or contract management responsibilities
- Proven experience in project cycle management, including planning and project development, budget management, quality assurance, and MEAL
- Extensive knowledge of EU, USAID, FCDO, UN and other institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of successful contract management including consortium grants
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, International Development or other relevant experience
- High degree of computer literacy, including in database management/information management
- Strong coordination skills and proven ability to manage partner/stakeholder dynamics
- A keen understanding of the complexities in the East Africa region and willingness to travel within the region.
- Excellent writing skills
- Languages: English.
- Knowledge of regional languages desirable e.g., French, Swahili, Somali, etc.
- Experience working with commercial contracts. Proven ability to work independently, with a clear understanding of risk escalation requirements. Proven ability to propose creative solutions to challenges, and proven ability deliver results within a flexible and adaptive framework.
How to Apply DRC Regional Grants Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: January 03, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- DRC HR and Administration Intern Jobs 2023
- NRC Head of Support Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Grants Manager Jobs 2023
- GGGI Communication and Knowledge Sharing Associate Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International Consultant Jobs 2023
- IRC Human Resource and Administration Manager Jobs 2023
- IGCP Head of Human Resource Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Chief Child Survival and Development Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Office Administrator Jobs 2023