DRC Shelter and Settlements Manager Jobs 2024 – Nigeria NGO Jobs.
DRC Nigeria looking for “Shelter and Settlements Manager”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 01 February 2024.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 January 2024 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Shelter and Settlements Manager to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
DRC Job Vacancy 2024
Job Purpose: The primary objective of the Shelter & Settlement Manager role is to oversee Shelter, NFI, and construction activities in Borno State for DRC. In collaboration with other sector managers, the manager will be responsible for conducting assessments of shelter and infrastructure needs in various IDPs camps, identifying vulnerable households eligible for upgraded emergency shelters, and pinpointing infrastructure needs in these camps. Additionally, the role involves the creation of suitable designs, Bills of Quantities (BoQs), budgets, and Procurement Plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, implementing, following-up and supervising DRC shelter, construction activities in Boron state and other emerging area in future;
- Ensure that adequate staffing is in place for the shelter and NFI activities, and to the extent possible build local construction capacity;
- Monitor financial commitments and expenditures against construction budgets;
- Ensure that the organization’s financial, logistics, security and human resources policies and procedures are fully adhered to and implemented in relation to all construction activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering: Architecture, Civil, Construction Engineering, Engineering Geology, or related field
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience in managing shelter programs
- Minimum 3 years of humanitarian work in challenging field locations;
- Excellent project management skills include the design of project management tools;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Shelter and Settlements Manager Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.