FAO South Sudan looking for “Administrative Officer”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 28th February 2024.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 06th February 2024 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Advises in the preparation of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) in consultation with relevant technical officers and the headquarters technical divisions; prepares and consolidates work plans; proposes revised plans and strategic measures to implement successfully the biennial programme of work and monitor effectively budgetary trends;
- Prepares periodic budget reports for submission; prepares post planning and monitoring and other regular and ad hoc reports;
- Contributes to the development of results-based management concepts and policies and monitoring and reporting procedures;
- Develops, implements and monitors corporate activities, identifies operational, administrative, information technology and other constraints and proposes solutions to improve quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness;
- Overviews the maintenance of imprest accounts and other budgetary reports; acts as Certifying Officer, monitors availability of funds under all programmes; ensures that financial commitments and expenditures are accurate and consistent with established guidelines;
- Trains and supervises staff and field project personnel on all administrative and operational matters and undertakes special missions for training on budgetary, financial and managerial issues in line with the Organization’s regulations policies and procedures;
- Establishes effective working relationships with Government counterparts at appropriate level for Government Contributions to the work programme;
- Oversees operational and staffing requirements of the Office and its projects, and ensures optimal staffing of the office and projects;
- Participates in review meetings to assess managerial and operational capacities, scrutinize reliability and solvency of selected implementing partners;
- Assesses training needs and encourages training events as well as other human resources-related activities;
- Optimizes the management of Office’s premises, the allocation of space and the provision of services for the renovation and the maintenance of premises and be responsible for security for MOSS compliance;
- Establishes and maintains partnership with headquarters units, interacts with Internal and External Auditors and prepares replies to audit observations and queries;
- Organizes and participates in meetings, workshops, celebrations and other events;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in business or public administration, accounting or a related field;
- Seven years of relevant experience in financial management, administration and planning;
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is desirable;
- Extent and relevance of experience in financial management, administration and planning;
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing programme proposals and monitor programme implementation.
- Duration: Fixed-term: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Post Number: 2010060
- CCOG Code: 1A12
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO Administrative Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/career………
The Closing Date: 28th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.