FAO Cash and Voucher Programme Data Specialist Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. FAO Uganda looking for “Cash and Voucher Programme Data Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 04, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on April 11, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Cash and Voucher Programme Data Specialist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support stakeholder engagement processes on the roll-out of CASH and Voucher Activity in partnership with FAO service providers.
- Provide technical assistance (as needed) to FAO implementing partners (NGOs, private sector, etc.) on the roll-out of CASH and Voucher Activity through routine monitoring of partner activities in the refugee response programme and other programmes, as required.
- When needed, represent FAO in the Cash Technical Working Group under the refugee response and other relevant forum and discussions to facilitate learning, information sharing, alignment to national standards and approaches.
- Work with the Office of Emergency and Resilience (OER) teams located in Rome and Nairobi to facilitate the deployment of the Identification Delivery and Empowerment Application (IDEA) tools in Uganda.
- Document bugs occurring within the Identification Delivery and Empowerment Application (IDEA), including server and mobile applications, steps to reproduce the bugs, and forward these bug reports to immediate supervisor and Office of Emergency and Resilience MIS unit for resolution.
- Provide remote and in person technical support to Implementing Partners, Traders, Mobile Money Operators and Money Vendors when they encounter challenges while using the system during project implementation.
- Provide technical support to FAO Uganda staff and partners as they utilize the system and associated applications.
- Configure mobile phones for data collection with KOBO before the commencement of implementations.
- Configure KOBO server forms with relevant data collection tools and project data.
Position in Organization:
- Description of assignment title: Cash and Voucher Programme Data Specialist
- Host entity: FAO Uganda
- Assignment country: Uganda
- Type: Onsite
- Expected start date: 01/06/2023
- Duration: 10 months
- Sustainable Development Goal: 2. Zero hunger
- Number of assignments: 1
- Volunteer category: International UN Volunteer Specialist
- Duty stations: Kampala
- DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in software engineering, computer science or related fields with solid foundation in application development
- 5 years of experience in supporting end users on usage of IT software systems.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange, etc.), accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Experience in using Trello to file bug reports and in designing, deploying and collecting data using Kobo Toolbox and related technologies.
- Experience in advanced configuration of Android phones and tablets.
- Experience working in an environment involving provision of remote technical assistance.
- Coordination skills (communication) and ability to technically support on IT needs across different thematic areas.
- Extent and relevance of experience with international or multi-lateral organizations, preferably FAO, and/or with government is an added advantage.
- Experience using multi-wallet Near-field communication (NFC) cards is an added ad-vantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Writing and communication skills.
How to Apply FAO Cash and Voucher Programme Data Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1720939247918336
The Closing Date: May 04, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Lifeline Fund Senior Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- EGPAF Public Finance Management Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Supply Associate Jobs 2023
- IRC Senior Manager-Technical Jobs 2023
- LWF Technical Lead Communications Jobs 2023
- LWF Learning & Innovation Manager Jobs 2023
- LWF Internal Auditor Jobs 2023
- Saferworld Operations and Logistics Officer Jobs 2023