FAO South Sudan looking for “Nutrition Specialist”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 16th February 2024.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 25th November 2024 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Specialist to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support FAO South Sudan’s nutrition-sensitive programming work that includes aligning with country priorities identified under the Country Programming Framework (CPF), and FAO’s work in protecting, promoting, and improving sustainable food systems for healthy diets and improved nutrition, focusing on the distinctive relationship between agriculture and nutrition.
- Support in the development of technical guidance material on FAO’s nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food systems policies and programmes and support the mainstreaming and integration of nutrition in country programmes and projects.
- Prepare and develop training materials on nutrition-sensitive agriculture which are adapted from existing FAO training materials and tailored to the South Sudan context.
- Support the training and capacity building of FAO South Sudan’s staff, partners, and government counterparts on nutrition-sensitive food production through agriculture, programming, and food systems transformation.
- In coordination with the Procurement Unit, support in the technical evaluation of proposals and offers submitted by service providers/bidders in response to Request for Proposals/Invitation for Bid that have nutrition components.
- Provide nutrition-related inputs during the preparation of Letters of Agreements (LOAs) and all related documents between FAO and the selected implementing partners for nutrition-sensitive activities.
- Contribute to the development of FAO South Sudan’s nutrition-sensitive projects and activities, plans, and processes, ensuring that they are aligned with FAO’s global, regional, and country-level nutrition policies.
- Lead the design and implementation of high-quality assessments including nutrition related KAP surveys in coordination with FAO South Sudan’s M&E unit and other relevant Government and Non-Governmental stakeholders.
- Promote Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) in FAO South Sudan’s interventions and collaborate with the relevant units to ensure effective advocacy, design, and delivery of FAO’s nutrition-sensitive programs that include supporting projects to set up, train and support producer groups/cooperatives and other associations or enterprise groups along the key nutrition-sensitive value chains.
- Working with the M&E Unit, support the monitoring and evaluation of nutrition interventions in nutrition-sensitive programs and participate in field visits to identify potential risks to effective and timely project delivery.
- Lead the documentation of good nutrition-sensitive practices across different projects and integrate these in future project proposals.
- Participate in the nutrition cluster meetings, preventive nutrition working groups and other relevant nutrition-related meetings and workshops within and outside South Sudan.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Advanced university degree in nutrition, nutrition policy, public health, dietetics, food science, food technology, food engineering or other relevant fields.
- At least 7 years working experience, working on nutrition sensitive agricultural programmes and supporting the nutrition sector in complex emergency contexts such as South Sudan.
- Working knowledge of English (level C) and limited knowledge (level B) of a second FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian). For PSA, working knowledge of English is required.
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: Consultant
- Grade Level: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/career………
The Closing Date: 16th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.