FHI 360 Community Engagement and Advocacy Director Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. FHI 360 Ethiopia looking for “Community Engagement and Advocacy Director“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 1st June 2023.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. Established in 1971, the organization has long managed in projects relating to family planning and reproductive health.
The FHI 360 has published a job vacancy announcement on 17th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Community Engagement and Advocacy Director to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2023
- Provides technical and programmatic leadership and oversight to all community engagement activities undertaken and planned by the project to empower individuals and communities to create a well-informed (health literate) and demanding society.
- Provides technical and programmatic leadership and oversight to all activities to strengthen the capacity and skills of NSAs in advocacy, accountability, transparency, and policy engagements, particularly for RMNCAH-N services.
- Develops evidence-based strategies and innovative interventions to: (1) improve access to and utilization of health information, (2) improve health literacy, and (3) increase community engagement in the design, planning, governance, and delivery of health services.
- Develops evidence-based strategies and innovative activities to improve NSAs’ capacity and skills for: (1) community mobilization and engagement; (2) advocacy; (3) monitoring of transparency and accountability of the health system; and (4) basic data collection, analysis, and synthesis to identify drivers of disease burden(s) and prioritize health needs to engage policymakers, service providers, and community members.
- Works with technical leads and project partners in each location to ensure a shared vision for health literacy, community engagement, and capacity strengthening activities and outcomes, address implementation challenges, and encourage the sharing of best practices and project successes.
- Ensures the quality, equity, scale, and sustainability of technical approaches and document experiences/lessons learned from activities, including production of case studies, white papers, etc.
- Ensures high quality technical deliverables—including workplans and annual reports—are developed, submitted, and approved on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures to achieve strategic technical goals of the project.
- Provides direction to ensure technical activities are compliant with client agreements, government regulations, and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Responds to client requests and questions on technical matters and ensures timely drafts and submissions of consents, approvals, and/or waivers.
- Manages the learning, monitoring, and evaluation of relevant technical activities, including contributing to the finalization of project work plans and performance monitoring plans (PMPs), and ensures alignment with the project’s theory of change and uses data and learnings to make course corrections as needed.
- Manages the relationship with all subcontracted organizations/consultants on technical matters.
- Promotes project success by collecting, writing, and distributing success stories, case studies, photos, and outreach at events.
- Attends informative events related to health literacy, community engagement, and capacity strengthening of NSAs to network and learn information that could be valuable to project activities.
- Supports knowledge management within the project, including the capture and articulation of success stories, best practice and lessons learned.
Position in Organization:
- Community Engagement and Advocacy Director
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: Requisition – 2023200801
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Public Health, Civil Society, Communication, Social and Behavior Change, or a Related Field.
- Requires a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant technical experience in community engagement and capacity strengthening activities in Ethiopia or other similar environments (including 8+ years of leadership, strong business acumen and/or line management experience).
- Strong understanding and previous experience in the design, implement, and monitoring of strategies and interventions to increase access to health information, improve health literacy, and increase community engagement in the design, planning, governance, and delivery of health services.
- Strong understanding and previous experience working with, advising, and providing capacity strengthening to NSAs, including private organizations, FBO, CBOs, CSOs, and/or other formal and informal community platforms and other local non-state organizations.
How to Apply FHI 360 Community Engagement and Advocacy Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Ethiopia-Any/Community-Engagement-and-Advocacy-Director—-Ethiopia-EC_Requisition-2023200801
The Closing Date: 1st June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.