UNOPS Project Management Support Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Project Management Support Specialist”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 25th December, 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS Project Management Support Specialist Jobs 2023
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 19th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Project Management Support Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: The Project Management Support Specialist reports to the Portfolio Senior Manager who provides broad supervision and guidance. S/he is responsible for supporting the project team with the day-to-day operations of the mission and coordinating mission progress and implementation. S/he maintains a close eye on the operational and financial performance, identifies probable issues that may need attention, supports in problem analysis and solution identification as necessary, coordinate resolution as per action-items assigned, drafting required correspondences to stakeholders concerned and preparation of mission reports. S/he can often be required to work in complex and challenging environments with limited resources. S/he also act as OIC Portfolio Senior Manager when this one is not present in the country (annual or sick leave, training, etc.)
Position in Organization:
- Project Management Support Specialist
- Job categories: Project Management
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5333/25424
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, Ethiopia MCO
- Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
- Contract level: LICA Specialist-10
- Duration: Ongoing Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
- Application period: 22-Feb-2023 to 28-Feb-2023
- Advanced University Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Management, or other relevant discipline is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in Project Management or Project Implementation and/or a combination of both in public or private sector organizations is required.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms and/or donors and/or security and/or operations management, is an asset.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in procurement and/or finance and/or
- HR Management and/or administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Experience in developing countries or post-conflict environments is a strong asset.
- Previous experience working with UNOPS in managing similar projects will be considered an asset;
- Proven experience in financial management is highly desirable.
- Strong experience with project management tools and information management systems added advantage.
How to Apply UNOPS Project Management Support Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=25424
The Closing Date: 28th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.