FHI 360 Wash Officer – Engineer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
FHI 360 Ethiopia looking for “Wash Officer – Engineer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 05th January, 2024.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. Established in 1971, the organization has long managed in projects relating to family planning and reproductive health.
FHI 360 Wash Officer – Engineer Jobs 2024
The FHI 360 has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Wash Officer – Engineer to be based in Weldiya, Ethiopia.
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2023
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Support the WASH Coordinator in facilitating the process of establishing smooth and fulfilling work relationships with host government offices and their implementing arms.
- Ensure a timely startup of planned WASH construction related undertakings in the upcoming response scale up in Amhara and Afar regions.
- Assist the WASH Coordinator and technically support the WASH assistants in the design, implementation and oversight of all PHE and PHP undertakings of the overall WASH responses.
- Represent FHI 360 at various levels of WASH platforms including the WASH Cluster and its technical working groups.
- The WASH Officer – Engineer will be responsible for helping the WASH team in providing technical guidance in adopting high standard construction quality works, ensue all health, nutrition and protection sectors as well as WASH sector cross cutting issues are integrated during day to day field level exercises,
- Provide on job and field level mentoring to the hygiene volunteers, HDAs , contractors, skilled and unskilled daily laborer’s, IDPs and partners at field level under his duty areas of assignment. He will serve as a focal point in leading the research components of the project in Central zone of the Amhara region.
- Lead the rapid and detail assessment Ensure high quality activity implementation timeline, detail procurement as well as spending plans prepared in the first month of the project period with the good engagement of the WASH staffs in Woldia field office.
- Whenever required, the position holder well take the leadership in conducting rapid as well as detail assessments and prepare intervention activities, beneficiaries as well as sectors integration matrixes and follow their implementations with the field team on regular basis.
- Responsible to lead the WASH intervention at all levels and ensure the programmatic integration of the WASH sector with the health, nutrition, and protections sectors of the FHI360 and other similar actors in the intervention areas.
- Oversight of all WASH related construction undertakings in health facilities and one stope centers in different project areas in Amhara.
- Represent FHI 360 at various levels of coordination platforms including the regional WASH Cluster and its technical working groups.
- CCCM, IDP Camp review meetings and engagement with the partners whenever called up on.
- Identify infrastructural and IPC problems within health facility settings and come up with technical and financial propositions of how they can be fixed.
- Draft design bills of quantities, specifications, and cost estimates for proposed public health promotion and Environmental health interventions including for hazardous waste managements in health facilities.
- Prepare TORs, MEMOs, Attendance, and payment documents for all activities under the PHP component of the project in the first two months of the project and ensure the PR and payments are done timely.
- The WASH officer is responsible to inspect before delivery of all WASH supplies under the project and give quality approvals to supplies met the anticipated quality and responsible to reject poor quality supplies in consultation with the procurement team.
- Deputize the WASH Coordinator and/or WASH Officers during their absence.
- Work closely with other FHI 360 units – including health and nutrition, logistics and finance, HR and administration – to ensure programmatic integrations, effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
- Regular produce and share timely progress updates to the regional WASH cluster and other relevant parts in consultation with his supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- WASH Officer – Engineer
- Location: Weldiya, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: Requisition – 2023201936
- First degree (for those with 5-years’ experience) and MSc degree (for those with 3-years’ experience) in water resource, civil , ,water supply and sanitation engineering and related fields.
- 3-5years of relevant experience in humanitarian response projects – preferably with INGOs, or community development areas.
- Hands on experience designing, implementing, and managing humanitarian WASH programs.
- Experience in successfully implementing community and IDP -based WASH responses in crises response , in the region is an asset.
- Fluent in in English and strong knowledge of local language as well as additional languages in Ethiopia is a plus.
How to Apply FHI 360 Wash Officer – Engineer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 05th January, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.