IDI IT Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IDI Uganda looking for “IT Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 31, 2023.
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The IDI has published a job vacancy announcement on May 18, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of IT Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IDI Job Vacancy 2023
- Evaluate system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Evaluate expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer systems.
- Achieve computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
- Maximize use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
- Maintain system capability by testing computer components.
- Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintain up-to-date records of preventive maintenance for all hardware and software components.
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Work with service providers, System Development, Senior IT Specialists and Data Managers to resolve issues with database applications and server systems.
- Meet with relevant users to identify requirements for new infrastructure components, e.g. computing devices, additional data points etc.
- Implement and test upgrades / re-designs of LANs, WANs and other components across the IDI computing infrastructure to meet IDI requirements, resolve performance bottlenecks and maintain reliability as planed and scheduled by the Senior Specialists.
- Periodical review and update of processes to be followed by the Service Desk team.
- Ensure that all user requests for IT services are logged as work orders, assigned to a technician, escalated as necessary and tracked until completion and that users are kept up-to-date on status of resolution.
- Periodically obtain user feedback and comments and implement measures to enhance the quality of service offered.
- Produce regular reports about the operations of the IT Service Desk
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Position in Organization:
- No of Positions: 1
- Job Code: ITOX002
- Station: Kampala
- Classification: Full-time
- Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
- Posted Date: 2023-05-17
- Closing Date: 2023-05-31 22:59:00
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or related computing discipline is an added advantage.
- Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Technical certifications include; training in Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, and Database administration.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with IT Operations in a clinical environment is preferable
- Proven experience in monitoring, administering and troubleshooting Ethernet/IP LAN/WAN environments.
- At least 1year’experience in IT related support with solid background in IT infrastructure operations, computer network administration and service delivery
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer service approach and possess a professional, confident and empathetic manner.
- Patience and tenacity, dealing with users at their level, identifying creative solutions where applicable to meet/exceed customer expectations
- Proven experience with managing the deployment, maintenance and operations of IT Systems (Windows based) and defining system requirements to meet business needs.
How to Apply IDI IT Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms/jobs/selected/292
The Closing Date: May 31, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.