IDRC Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IDRC Uganda looking for “Laboratory Technician“. Applicants with a degree in Diploma in Medical Lab sciences may apply on or before April 11, 2023.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The IDRC has published a job vacancy announcement on April 07, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Laboratory Technician to be based in Busia, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Diploma in Medical Lab sciences|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||April 11, 2023|
IDRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Development of laboratory documents (logs, forms, SOPs), trainings, storage/archiving of source documents
- Delivery sample collection
- Perform sample collection, malaria microscopy, HIV testing and any other clinical laboratory tests.
- Specimen processing, storage and preparation for shipping
- Maintain strict inventory system
- Calibrate and maintain all equipment, record and analyze results, report their findings to the Study coordinator or any other direct supervisor and adhere to all laboratory procedures.
- Preparing the necessary reagents for the routine laboratory work and ensure proper inventory of all laboratory supplies.
- Making sure that internal quality control systems are followed and participate in the quality control and quality assurance programs;
- Make timely orders of Lab equipment, reagents, consumables and other supplies
- Receipt and verification of all supplies and equipment
- Participate in all training programs organized by the organization for purposes of safety and quality improvement.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Laboratory Technician
- Number Of Vacancy = 01
- Diploma in Medical Lab sciences
- Reputable computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power point and Access
- At least 5 years’ experience working in busy Laboratory with a good inventory system.
- Experience in handling HIV and malaria research activities
- Exceptional skills in malaria microscopy.
- Recommendable skills in phlebotomy of all ages.
How to Apply IDRC Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to http://idrc-uganda.org/Adverts/Lab%20Tech%20Job%20Advert-%20MIC%20DROP.pdf
The Closing Date: April 11, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.