IFAD Country Programme Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IFAD Ethiopia looking for “Country Programme Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 11th July 2023.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), a specialized agency of the United Nations, was one of the major outcomes of the 1974 World Food Conference.The conference was organized by the United Nations in response to the food crises of the early 1970s, when global food shortages were causing widespread famine and malnutrition, primarily in the Sahelian countries of Africa. World leaders realized that food insecurity and famine were not so much failures in food production but structural problems relating to poverty. This was compounded by the fact that the majority of the developing world’s poor people lived in rural areas.
The IFAD has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Country Programme Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)|
|Position||Country Programme Officer|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||11th July 2023|
IFAD Job Vacancy 2023
Job Role: The Country Programme Officer is responsible for established programme/project coordination. S/He may supervise a Country Programme Assistant (G-5) and collaborates closely with other IFAD staff to ensure consistency, cohesion and synergy in programme related matters.
Position in Organization:
- Country Programme Officer
- ID: 13457
- Location: Ethiopia
- Date of issue: 06/05/2023
- Close Date: 07/11/2023
- Organizational Unit: East & Southern Africa Div.
- Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Assignment Duration
- Grade: NOC
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree from an accredited institution listed on https://whed.net/home.php in rural development, agriculture, economics, rural finance, development policy or related field is required.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience programme design, supervision and loan/grant administration with International financial institutions, development cooperation agencies, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing agriculture and rural development projects; knowledge of local context.
How to Apply IFAD Country Programme Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 11th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.