IFC Associate Investment Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IFC Ethiopia looking for “Associate Investment Officer”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before 03rd February, 2024.
The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
The IFC has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th January, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Investment Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IFC Job Vacancy 2024
Duties and Accountabilities:
The (Associate) Investment Officer will identify new investment and pre-investment opportunities, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects. More specifically, their assignments will encompass:
- Business Development: Gather market intelligence, source and assess opportunities both pre-investment and investment, anticipate market trends, and by employing sector/country knowledge identify bankable projects then synthesize information into internal reports for decision making purposes. S/he will also support the development of client strategies and pitchbooks. S/he may be assigned to a coverage team focused on a country cluster which would require working closely with the cluster coordinator to deliver on cluster responsibilities including maintaining and presenting a pipeline of deals and coordinating with various stakeholders for effective coverage.
- Structuring and Negotiation: Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new debt and equity transactions, pre-investment collaborations, portfolio restructurings, capital increases, equity sales, etc. This shall include performing credit and risk assessments, financial projections, covenant compliance reviews (debt), and general supervision.
- Deal Execution and Transaction Management: Lead straightforward pre-investment engagements and investment transactions incorporating lessons learned from IFC’s earlier investments and pre-investments, portfolio management or advisory mandates. Deliver all transactions and accountabilities of the role efficiently, on a timely and expeditious basis and using best practice standards. Ensure that defined transactional requirements recorded in documentation are executed accordingly. Monitor the portfolio and report development results internally and externally. Coordinate closely with social, environmental, legal, and technical assistance colleagues in structuring transactions, to add value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to project and sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Strategy Development and Knowledge Sharing: Contribute to drafting strategies for sectors, countries, or regions for business development; and develop and execute strategies for more complex client engagements with the objective of building a robust investment pipeline. Build IFC’s knowledge base for best practices and participate in knowledge sharing and dissemination. Initiate collaboration and share expertise as a subject matter expert, providing advice, peer review and contribution to knowledge products across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions. Promoting the IFC brand and representing IFC at various conferences and workshops.
- Coordination with WBG: Support World Bank and MIGA colleagues on sector reform and unblocking constraints to attracting private sector capital.
- Mentoring and coaching: Mentor and coach junior team members to help build talent and grow the skill base of staff.
Position in Organization:
- Job title: Associate Investment Officer
- Job #: req25875
- Organization: IFC
- Sector: Infrastructure
- Grade: GF
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French
- Closing Date: 2/3/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
- Master’s degree in finance or similar relevant education.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a development finance institution, investment/corporate banking, project finance, infrastructure project development, and/or equity investing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; French is a plus.
How to Apply IFC Associate Investment Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=25875&site=1
The Closing Date: 03rd February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.