DRC Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
DRC Uganda looking for “Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 28, 2023.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956. It serves as an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Formed after the Second World War in response to the European refugee crises caused by the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, DRC has been active in large scale humanitarian projects around the world.
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on December 09, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
The role will have the following key responsibilities :
- Effectively plan and execute impartial, thorough, timely and survivor-sensitive investigations into allegations of sexual misconduct, sexual abuse and exploitation, child abuse, trafficking, corruption, theft, financial fraud among others ;
- Obtain, review and maintain relevant documentation related to an investigation;
- Conduct interviews of the complainant/survivor, reporting person and other relevant witnesses;
- Take statements; analyses facts, determines findings, and evidence;
- Advise on the provision of survivor-centered support to survivors and witnesse ;
- Provide regular updates on the status of the investigations to the ReSCO ;
- Prepare detailed written investigation reports which will be submitted to the ReSCO;
- Maintain organized, confidential, and thorough investigation files ;
- Identify and propose relevant key lessons learned from investigations for the organization to consider when revising policies, procedures, and training ;
- Prepares complete and concise investigation reports and conducts post-investigation tasks;
- Provide training and capacity building activities on the Code of Conduct, SEAH Policy to relevant staff and other stakeholders;
- Performs other investigative duties as required or directed by the ReSCO;
Position in Organization:
- Application due: 12/28/2023
- Workplace: Kampala (Uganda)
- Department/Country: East Africa and Great Lakes Region
- Contract type: National contract
- Homepage: drc.ngo
- At least 6-years work experience in relevant field INGO or other agencies experience in Safeguarding;
- At least two (3) years’ experience as a trained and practicing investigator, especially of fraud and corruption case ;
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Law, Human rights or any other relevant experience;
- CHS PSEAH Investigation or other investigation certificates;
- Experience working in the humanitarian aid or development sector with INGOs
- Experience working in an international organization with other cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in conducting training sessions, facilitating meetings
- Able to work professionally and with a high degree of confidentiality at all times;
- Fluent and articulate in spoken and written English;
- Advanced knowledge of other regional languages: French, Swahili, Somali, etc
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team;
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
How to Apply DRC Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 28, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- DRC Regional Grants Specialist Jobs 2024
- DRC HR and Administration Intern Jobs 2023
- NRC Head of Support Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Grants Manager Jobs 2023
- GGGI Communication and Knowledge Sharing Associate Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International Consultant Jobs 2023
- IRC Human Resource and Administration Manager Jobs 2023
- IGCP Head of Human Resource Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Chief Child Survival and Development Jobs 2023