IFDC Grants and Contracts Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IFDC Ethiopia looking for “Grants and Contracts Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in First Degree may apply on or before 21st April 2023.
IFDC is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
The IFDC has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Grants and Contracts Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IFDC Job Vacancy 2023
- Support 2SCALE technical staff in finalizing partnership agreements, MoUs and contractual agreements, including advisory on legal clauses, and review of responsibilities and budgets in some of 2SCALE’s focus countries.
- Update the system to monitor key deliverables (e.g. governance meetings and filing of minutes; annual financial statement; private sector contribution, etc.) agreed upon in the partnership agreements as well as in MoUs/ contractual agreements and consultancy contracts related to all active partnerships. Anticipate reminders to partnership facilitators and country team leaders.
- Conduct and document the due diligence of potential new contractors, i.e. BSSs or consulting organizations identified for specific partnership-related services, as per the partnership agreements or related action plans.
- Review action plans and budgets proposed under subgrants and consultancy contracts. Whenever needed, assist in revising or finalizing them.
- Submit subgrants and consultancy contracts for approval and monitor the contract-making process until the subgrant/ consultancy contract is fully executed.
- File each fully executed subgrant/ consultancy contract and related payment documentation, through 2SCALE’s agreed-upon filing system.
- In collaboration with the Grant and Contracts Manager and using the unique 2SCALE subgrant tracker, monitor schedules for installment disbursements, alert field teams about deadlines, and make disbursement projections for the following month.
- Identify and prioritize needs and gaps of BSSs in financial, management, and governance systems, including operational policies and manuals in the focus countries.
- Under the leadership of the Grant and Contracts Manager develop an efficient approach to guide and train BSSs in the management of the subgrants.
- In close collaboration and consultation with 2SCALE country teams and the Grant and Contracts Manager, visit the selected organizations that are implementing activities through 2SCALE subgrants. Monitor BSSs to assess performance, attainment of targets, adherence to contractual obligations stated in subgrants, and quality of interventions.
- Write and submit quality progress reports and notes with strict respect to deadlines for the countries focused on.
- Under the leadership of and in collaboration with the Grant and Contracts Manager prepare monthly subgrant recaps and projections, for all focus countries.
- Propose improvements to systems to develop and monitor contracts.
- Document lessons learned from the focus countries, share them in reports, and integrate them into subsequent program activities.
- Collaborate with the 2SCALE admin and financial officers of host offices (from both IFDC and SNV) to ensure adequate financial reporting/ forecasting to the management team under the supervision of the Grant and Contracts
- Develop and ensure excellent working relationships with BSSs, lead partners, and other actors involved in partnerships.
Position in Organization:
- Grants & Contracts Specialist
- Current Job Openings
- Full Time
- Full Time Africa
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- ID: 20121021
Qualification & Experience:
- First degree in a relevant field of expertise with 7 years of Previous experience on grant management, contract facilitation and related or second degree (master’s level) and 5 years of experience.
- Previous experience in grant management in \agribusiness programs
- Experienced in working in multi country and multi-cultural settings.
How to Apply IFDC Grants and Contracts Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ifdc.org/about-us/careers/
The Closing Date: 21st April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.