IGCP Human Resource Manager Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IGCP Uganda looking for “Human Resource Manager”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before February 02, 2024.
IGCP was formed in 1991 to address the long-term conservation of the mountain gorilla (Gorilla beringei beringei) and its regional afromontane forest habitat in the Virunga Bwindi Landscape. Our aim has been to work together as a single gorilla conservation program in order to expand and consolidate the successes of the Mountain Gorilla Project and other initiatives at a regional level.
The IGCP has published a job vacancy announcement on January 29, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Human Resource Manager to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IGCP Job Vacancy 2024
Duties & Responsibilities
- Orient and induct new employees and sensitize staff on the human resource manuals, policies, rules and regulations, dos and don’ts, and their job descriptions and performance expectations
- Receive and respond to employee’s questions and inquiries timely.
- Respond to and resolve employee grievances, conflicts, and disciplinary cases through disciplinary handling procedures like hearings and disciplinary committee decisions etc.
- Go to production floors and conduct general inspections, speak to the supervisors, check on employee attendance, PPE compliance, the seriousness of staff on production floors, good housekeeping practices, discipline, decent hair, clean uniforms, safety closed shoes, and ensure that staff are focussed and fully working in their workplaces.
- Check and monitor daily staff attendances, shift schedules, and leaves, download staff attendance reports from the system, review and check daily attendance records, reprimand comers, and absentees, update leave schedules, etc.
- Download attendances and prepare payrolls, review and reduce overtime costs, and prepare weekly payrolls for casuals, mid and end-of-month payrolls for permanents timely.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection end-to-end activities like job adverts, shortlists, interviews, onboarding, etc for permanents and casuals.
- Implement the performance management system, participate in setting and giving staff targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and performance agreements, and conduct mid-year performance appraisals and reports on performance appraisals Vs. performance targets and the overall organizational performance mid and end-year.
- Conduct training programs as per the training calendar, track on-the-job training programs on production floors, and conduct post-training impact assessments every 3-4 months to measure the training’s return on investments.
- Conduct quarterly best employee awards in line with the employee retention strategies
- Monitor and implement environmental health and safety, good housekeeping practices standard operating procedures and participate in all initiatives and strategies for reducing company accidents, fires, emergencies and incidents, participate in training programs on fire prevention, first aid, monthly general cleaning exercises etc and bring /implement new ideas and strategies to reduce accidents and incidents.
- Check, monitor, supervise, train and support the security assistants, cooks and cleaners and ensure that they perform their duties and achieve their performance targets as required and planned.
- Attend all production meetings for machine operators, maintenance teams, supervisors and tool box meetings to understand the production performance progress and requirements and provide HR support in these needs as part of the HR business partnering process and support to achieve production targets and KPIs etc.
- Participate in talent development, employee succession plans and retention strategies and activities to reduce on turnover and support business continuity initiatives.
- Participate in employee motivation and engagement activities, conduct employee satisfaction surveys and wellness programs to enhance retention strategies
- Assist the HRM in execution of the departmental roles and responsibilities as assigned
- Assist in filing all HR documents in staff files and keep confidentiality of staff files etc
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Position in Organization:
- Level: Senior Management
- Deadline: 2024-02-02 01:06:49
- Posted: 1 day ago
- REPORTING TO: THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Psychology, Social sciences or any other related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a similar role in a busy environment.
- Must possess knowledge of the labor laws and legal regulations of the employment environment.
- A postgraduate diploma or a master’s degree in human resource management is a must.
- A member of the Human Resource Managers Association of Uganda is an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Board level stakeholders and Senior Management.
Knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Coaching, counseling, human resource planning, recruitment, training, and people management skills.
- Self-motivated, excellent interpersonal, teamwork, customer care, leadership, and managerial skills
- Ability to multi-task, flexible, results-focused, creative, innovative, analytical, pays attention to details, minimum supervision, professional, and an asset to the company.
- Result-oriented, excellent communication skills, records management skills, computer knowledge etc
- Ability to move in the field and to work for long hours
How to Apply IGCP Human Resource Manager Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: February 02, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNHCR Field Associate Jobs 2024
- IRC Violence Prevention and Response Regional Lead Jobs 2024
- IRC Regional Lead Jobs 2024
- IRI Program Manager Jobs 2024
- IRI Office Assistant Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Business Counselor Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Microenterprise Specialist Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Associate Agronomy Advisor Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Senior Finance Assistant Jobs 2024