ILRI Global Policy and Business Development Expert Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. ILRI Ethiopia looking for “Global Policy and Business Development Expert“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 16th June 2023.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works for better lives through livestock in developing countries. ILRI is co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, has 14 offices across Asia and Africa, employs some 700 staff and has an annual operating budget of about USD80 million.
The ILRI has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Global Policy and Business Development Expert to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
ILRI Job Vacancy 2023
- Lead the components of the project focusing on the development of private and public sector investments for large-scale rangeland restoration through sustainable livestock and livestock product value chains.
- Develop inclusive and bankable investment partnerships and proposals in livestock value chains for rangeland restoration in selected value chains with donors, governments, commercial sector and other actors.
- Lead the undertaking of a sector analysis of (perceived) risks, challenges and opportunities of sustainable rangelands restoration, and key global public and private players with potential for restoration through sustainable livestock value chains.
- Work with regional livestock value chain development and rangeland restoration experts to identify and develop livestock-based value chains in project priority regions, engaging with potential financiers, investors, and knowledge brokers.
- Facilitate the mobilization and agreement of multiple stakeholders to develop a global standard and/or certification for livestock and livestock products contributing to rangelands restoration, and targeted awareness raising campaigns related to this.
- Work with CGIAR scientists to calculate the carbon and methane footprints of targeted livestock value chains and the impact of rangeland restoration interventions on these.
- Lead the development of guidelines, tools, and frameworks for increased investment in sustainable livestock value chain development for rangeland restoration.
- Contribute to awareness campaigns on rangeland restoration through sustainable livestock value chains in project regions.
- Contribute to the establishment of a global rangelands database and systems tracking livestock investments for rangeland restoration.
- Organise and contribute to regional inter-governmental dialogues and agreements to support rangeland restoration through sustainable livestock value chains.
- Contribute to regional and global media campaigns on rangeland restoration through sustainable livestock value chains.
Position in Organization:
- Global Policy and Business Development expert
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Deadline: 16th June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters in business management, value chain development, livestock production or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in the private sector preferably in relation to livestock value chains, environment, climate change and/or related issues.
How to Apply ILRI Global Policy and Business Development Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 16th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.