IMMAP Country Security and Logistics Advisor Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IMMAP Ethiopia looking for “Country Security and Logistics Advisor”.
Applicants with an BA Degree may apply on or before 05th February, 2024.
IMMAP is an international not-for-profit organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations, enabling partners to make informed decisions that ultimately provide high-quality targeted assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations.
The IMMAP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Country Security and Logistics Advisor to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IMMAP Job Vacancy 2024
Description of Duties:
- The CSLA will monitor the security situation in Ethiopia in general, conduct risk assessments, participate in enforcing security and safety procedures, and provide sound and timely advice to staff and management on safety and security matters.
- The CSLA will liaise and coordinate timely and efficiently with the Country Director and the Global Security Manager regarding security incidents, threats or deficiencies which potentially could affect operations.
- The CSLA will update Ethiopia Security Guidelines & SOPs periodically.
- The CSLA will assist with the implementation of safety and security policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as detailed by the Global Security Manager.
- The CSLA will ensure compliance with iMMAP’s global operating principles and risk management policies.
- The CSLA will create a weekly and monthly situation report as per iMMAP’s SOP, including context analysis of the security situation.
- The CSLA will conduct security induction briefs for new staff and visitors.
- The CSLA will design and practice emergency systems, emergency communications and provisioning of emergency supplies for all staff.
- The CSLA will conduct and submit to the Country Director, Site Risk Assessments for locations regularly visited by iMMAP staff, including field locations.
- The CSLA will maintain the validity of emergency & contingencies protocols based on the applicable security levels as prescribed in the Project Security Plan.
- The CSLA will ensure that communication protocols are implemented, and project warden lists are up to date.
- The CSLA manages the security equipment and communication means.
- The CSLA will be the primary focal point for procurement, fleet, and asset management, ensuring timely support and correct procedures are followed in the completion of these activities.
- Update and maintain Asset registration tracker.
- Ensure the overall process of iMMAP Inc. procurement is made as per the company’s procurement procedure.
- The CSLA will be responsible for providing staff with induction and ongoing training and support on logistics functions including procurement, fleet and asset management rules, and responsibilities.
- Manage and maintain the daily vehicle movement tracking sheet.
- Support travel arrangements for international staff and visitors by booking all taxis, hotels and flights in a timely manner and circulate internally the follow-up document including phone numbers of visitors. Coordinate transport pick-up and drop-off and accommodation (hotel, apartment, house) of staff and guests.
- The CSLA will perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Position in Organization:
- Job title: Country Security and Logistics Advisor
- Country: Ethiopia
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Type: Full Time
- Status: National Employee
- Organization: iMMAP
- Opening Date: 18 January 2024
- Closing Date: 05 February 2024
- MA/BA University degree in business administration, logistics or relevant field.
- Considerable practical experience of managing security in complex contexts and high-risk environments.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of working in the safety and security sector. Former military or police, or extensive experience as an NGO security officer or with a Private Security Company.
- Previous experience working in international non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Minimum reasonable oral and written English skills. Fluent in one or more of the local languages (Amharic, Oromo).
How to Apply IMMAP Country Security and Logistics Advisor Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1269/
The Closing Date: 05th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.