IOM Laboratory Manager Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. IOM Nigeria looking for “Laboratory Manager”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 11 April 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 04 April 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Laboratory Manager to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Certify that facilities and bio-safety measures in the laboratory/lies meet international standards and country requirements; by actively participating in planning and designing of new or upgrading existing facilities.
- Guarantee that standards of laboratory services correspond to HAPs and other programmes or project requirements via keeping Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) up to date and annual review.
- Ensure high quality with regards to international standards in all aspects of service delivery via internal quality control and organizing and facilitating in external quality assessment.
- Verify optimum staffing levels for planned workload. Recruit, train, supervise and assess laboratory staff. Ensure staff development and continuous training needs for staff.
- Contribute in annual HAP activities planning and budget preparation related to laboratory services.
- Master’s degree in Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years’ relevant experience;
- Master’s degree in the above fields with four years relevant professional experience.
- Laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a mycobacteriology laboratory;
- Proven experience in the production of LQMS documentation, and maintenance of a document control system;
- Demonstrated experience as a laboratory educator and promoting laboratory best practices;
- Experience in laboratory management, including staff supervision, budget management, and quality control;
- Experience with laboratory accreditation processes (ISO 15189:2012 and/or ISO 15189:2022) is desirable;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Laboratory Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 11 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.