UNOAU Communications Consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNOAU Ethiopia looking for “Communications Consultant“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 7th May 2023.
The United Nations Office to the African Union (UNOAU) was established on 1 July 2010 by UN General Assembly Resolution 64/288. The Office integrated three existing offices: Department of Political Affairs (DPA) Liaison Office, the Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) AU Peace Support Team and the Department of Field Support (DFS) Planning Team for Somalia to support the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), as well as the support component of the United Nations and African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) Joint Support Coordination Mechanism (JCM) office in Addis Ababa.
The UNOAU has published a job vacancy announcement on 2nd May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Communications Consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOAU Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Section Head of Public Information and working closely with the Gender Advisor, the consultant will be responsible for podcast production and management (Planning, recording and post-production). In this regard, the consultant will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Prepare a detailed workplan for Season 4 with proposed speakers, themes and schedule for 15 episodes (10 English and 5 French).
- Update and strengthen the existing visual assets (audiograms and accompanying visuals to promote each episode)
- Conduct detailed research and prepare a synopsis for each episode with objective clearly mentioned.
- Prepare guidance notes for guest speakers on the technical procedures to follow in preparation of the interview.
- Upload to target streaming platforms (such as Libsyn, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Audibles, SoundCloud and Stitcher etc) including UNOAU’s Youtube.
- Prepare monthly analytics report (M&E)
- Prepare promotional package for each episode.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Communications Consultant (Podcast Production)
- Department/Office: United Nations Office to the African Union
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 01 May 2023 – 07 May 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-UN Office to the African Union-208088-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters’ degree in mass communications, journalism, gender, human rights, peace and security, social science or related subject.
- Minimum 7 years experience as reporter or producer in journalism, news or current affairs.
How to Apply UNOAU Communications Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=208088
The Closing Date: 7th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.