IOM Programme Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IOM Ethiopia looking for “Programme Manager“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 12th June 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Programme Manager Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 30th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Programme Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide support and coordination to staff including capacity-building, training, and general support. Contribute to building the capacities of IOM staff in the thematic areas through a combination of formal training and on-the-job mentoring.
- Act as the Mission’s Focal Point for Site/Camp Management; develop IOM Ethiopia’s CCCM
Strategy for camp-based and out-of-camp programming, and monitor the progress; establish
and maintain partnerships at appropriate levels with government entities, local authorities,
implementing partners, UN agencies, donors, and other stakeholders as relevant to the projects
and activities of the thematic areas.
- Identify, develop, manage, and implement new project/programmes opportunities and
activities, in cooperation with the relevant authorities and public/private entities in relation to
both internal and international migration. This should follow established programmatic “Go/Don’t
Go” criteria including IOM geographic presence and support capacity, e.g. in Supply Chain
- Ensure regular coordination with other IOM activities and complementarity and synergies with
other programmes of Ethiopia CO, to mainstream Protection and Disability Inclusion, to ensure
integrated CO programming wherever possible, and to ensure strong linkages between CCCM
and IOM’s Durable Solutions programme. Accordingly, provide consistent review and advice to
the Preparedness and Response Programme Coordinator on the overall performance of the
- Supervise, mentor and build capacity of directly reporting staff, including the technical Team
Leaders for Site Planning Development and CCCM Information Management. In coordination
with the Resources Management Officer, oversee the selection and recruitment of project staff.
- Coordinate the drafting of the financial reports and monitor the expenditures of all projects
under thematic areas/units in order to ensure consistent management and adequate burn rate to
meet implementation milestones and deadlines. Work with Programme Support Unit (PSU) to
prepare and review donor and other reports before submission to the Regional Office/PRD;
elaborate general and/or specific information on programme activities as requested by
donors/external parties, IOMàs Regional and Country Offices,, Headquarters and other relevant
- Develop appropriate monitoring tools to ensure effective implementation of projects activities,
including hosting of work seminars and visits to field locations, as required.
- Keep abreast of policies, international standards and best practices relating to camp
coordination and management, the rights of IDPs and, in particular, the protection of vulnerable
- Participate in appropriate coordination and operational inter-agency mechanisms.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project/programme assessment and implementation, liaison
with counterparts, problem solving, and new project/programme development, as required.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title : Programme Manager (Camp Coordination and Camp
- Duty Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
- Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 12 June 2023
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Business or Public Administration, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Studies,
- Minimum Five Years Experience.
How to Apply IOM Programme Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVEREJGQjhEMUFCNUQzODIxMjkmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
The Closing Date: 12th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.