IOM Programme Manager Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. IOM Nigeria looking for “Programme Manager”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 22 March 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Manager to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation of DDRR programme operations at the country level and ensure the programmatic, financial, administrative and technical oversight of programme activities in line with IOM policies and procedures, as well as relevant donor requirements.
- Develop and oversee research components of the programme, including stakeholder mapping, assessments of the policy and legal environment, mapping of existing return and reintegration assistance models for disengaged combatants and conflict analyses; assess entry points for regional synergies and outcomes across programme elements.
- Working closely with the Chief of Mission and the Senior DDRR Programme Coordinator (TRD HQ), to assess strategic opportunities within the programme framework, provide regular risk analysis, and develop a detailed work plan in accordance with the project commitments taking into account developments in context, donor coordination and commitments, and in support of government partnership.
- Support country level donor coordination and outreach in coordination with the Chief of Mission, TRD and relevant Divisions at HQ, in order to support programme development, donor information needs and coordination requirements.
- Train and sensitize staff on the principles of Do No Harm and ensure that conflict sensitivity is integrated in programme analysis, planning, recruitment, procurement, partnerships, communications and monitoring and evaluation.
- Promote access to facilitate programme activities and undertake regular field travel and on-site monitoring; oversee implementation of programme impact evaluations, as required.
- Master’s degree in Law, International Relations, Development Studies and Planning or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience;
- Master’s degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
- Operational field experience in programme formulation, implementation and evaluation relating to demobilization/disengagement and reintegration of ex-combatants;
- Past experience facilitating government-led processes, involving multiple government actors and demonstrating sensitivity to the needs of local ownership;
- Previous work experience in technical programmes involving legal or policy formulation, community-led recovery and stabilization programmes, and or security sector related reforms. Familiarity with DDR practices, principles and operations, and/or conflict mitigation components; recent field or research experience on the prevention of violent extremism an advantage; and,
- Previous experience in supervising staff.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Programme Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.