IOM Programme Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IOM Ethiopia looking for “Programme Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 26th December, 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Programme Officer Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Programme Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide technical and procedural support to the management and implementation of the AU-IOM-ILO-ECA Joint Labour Migration Programme according to the work plan.
- In collaboration with the AU and ILO, contribute to the development as well as domestication of the regional labour migration policy frameworks and verify that the policy and legal frameworks are in line with the various dimensions of IOM current and prospective work in Africa, Migration Governance Framework (MiGOF) principles and others.
- Provide programme, administrative, logistical and other backstopping, and proactively document and bring to the attention of the supervisor incidents related to the programme which have the capacity to jeopardise the effectiveness and efficiency of programme implementation.
- Work closely with all IOM Regional Offices in Africa to facilitate effective coordination and successful implementation of the programme.
- Assist in developing and maintaining strong and regular liaison with the programme partners.
- Collaborate with the AUC, ILO, IOM Regional and Country Offices in Africa to facilitate training and workshops.
- Encourage the integration of the Programme by creating strong relationships with other Programme Coordinators and different units of IOM SLO.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools for the effective design and implementation of projects and activities.
- Contribute to the collection, analysis and sharing of relevant information/data on labour migration for dissemination to relevant colleagues and stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance during the assessment of existing labour regulations, in Africa – Middle East and Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) labour migration trends, Bilateral Labour Agreements (BLAs) and challenges and other assessments of the project, and provide technical inputs for policy formulation in Africa.
- Provide necessary information and documentation for the preparation of project proposals.
- Contribute to the design and development of new programme and project concepts and proposals in close coordination with the JLMP
- Programme Coordinator, relevant IOM Country Offices and, Regional Office’s Thematic Specialists. Participate in the Technical Committee meetings and other meetings.
- Provide technical information to key stakeholders at all levels on JLMP and on regional and continental policy and operations coherence.
- Facilitate the mainstreaming of gender issues in the regional labour migration policy frameworks, labour migration training and capacity building programmes and other initiatives of the project.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title : Programme Officer (Joint Labour Migration Programme)
- Duty Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
- Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 26 December 2023
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Law, Refugee and Migration studies, International Relations, Psychology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in implementation and/or monitoring labour migration programs, preferably continental programmes is required;
- Experience of work with the AUC, and RECs;
- Experience in labour migration, labour migration policy and legal frameworks, the development of labour migration training manuals;
- Proven knowledge and experience on project management, implementation, project development, monitoring, evaluation and reporting; familiarity with IOM guidelines on project management, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish. All staff members are required to be fluent in one of the three languages.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of either French, Arabic, Portuguese or Kiswahili is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to Apply IOM Programme Officer Jobs 2023
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 December 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment.
View More Jobs:
- Save the Children Wash Officer Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Fleet Coordinator Jobs 2023
- IRC Emergency Rapid Response Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Finance and Operations Director Jobs 2023
- WVI HR Payroll Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2024
- SNV Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor Jobs 2023