IOM Project Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. IOM Nigeria looking for “Project Coordinator”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 23 March 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Coordinator to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with humanitarian partners, international and national non-governmental organizations, and United Nations Agencies, regarding the development and needs within the Humanitarian Hubs in the region and draft proposals to meet these needs and developments.
- Participate in operational meetings to discuss challenges, needs and routine operational matters. Communicate key discussions and recommendations to the HoSO and the Chief of Mission.
- Participate in the preparation of budget/spending plans, including the monitoring of cost recovery, and the provision of the necessary coordination with partners to ensure timely payments of invoices;
- Contribute in management of Hub resources in an efficient manner; update funding and expenditure spreadsheets, track resource utilization, make recommendations on spending plans.
- Draft quarterly procurement plans for the Hub.
- Oversee the work of humanitarian hub contractors’ work following the agreed specifications
- Master’s Degree in Political or Social sciences, International Relations, Business Administration, Engineering, logistics, economics or alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant training from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project implementation in post conflict or transitional situations; experience working for a UN agency, International Organizations or NGOs is preferred;
- Experience in coordinating with other programme units and ability to establish and maintain working relations with government counterparts, UN agencies; and,
- Previous related experience in logistics and procurement is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Project Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.