IRC Community Wellbeing Initiative and Child Protection Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Community Wellbeing Initiative and Child Protection Manager“. Applicants with a degree in MA Degree may apply on or before 17th April 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Community Wellbeing Initiative and Child Protection Manager Jobs 2023
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Community Wellbeing Initiative and Child Protection Manager to be based in Adama, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Manage implementation of CWI/CP projects through continuous monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Conduct field visits and thoroughly document findings and recommendations and ensure high level of project quality.
- Take lead in need assessments, proposals development, budgeting, timely and quality project reports going under CWI/ CP program under Adama Field office.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate project for planning and evaluation with all stakeholders according to schedule.
- Actively take part in the project cycle management meetings (POM, PRM, and PCM) and Monthly BVA review meetings for CWI/CP projects.
- Lead the CWI/CP project launching workshops for Adama CWI grants and actively participate in IRC Adama management meetings and ensure the agreed action points on different meetings addressed in timely manner.
- Ensure the Adama CWI/CP approved project supply budgets lines are efficiently and effectively utilized without over or under spending by applying proper grant management monitoring tools and skills.
- Ensure good project monitoring and evaluation to demonstrate a good plan project implementation and project impact.
- Mentor and support staff’s professional development and foster a positive team spirit for CWI/CP team at Adama, field and at sub offices.
- Take the lead in linking up with relevant authorities/ government officials for the on-time processing of CWI/CP MOU signing, to gain easy access to the assigned respective sites and for any support needed for effectiveness of the program. And closely work with GU, FC and finance team for any support needed on this.
- Lead the on time compiling and submission of weekly updates, different reports ( monthly progress, government and donor reports, MMR ) and others s in the due dates.
- Lead the coordination with other partners and protection clusters at regional and zonal on the ground considering the work of the team.
- Work with team members and Protection Cluster at zonal and regional level and actively participate on protection clusters.
- Maintains effective communication and smooth work relationship built by CWI/CP team with all key stakeholders.
- Supervise all the CWI/CP staffs under Adama Field office.
- Work closely with local actors particularly with schools, Women and Children Affairs Office, health and legal actors to strengthen coordination; and
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities including in assessments and surveys.
- Make sure that the project resources are best utilized at site, tracked well and reported in consistent base.
- Make sure the monthly indicator tracking, client feedback collections and other MEAL related issues are addressed as per their schedule.
- Ensure that the project budget are used with out over and under spending by timely preparation of PP, SP and also ensure that the warehouse inventory of CWI/CP Adama projects reached the end users as soon as possible.
- Ensure that the CWI/CP Adama staff recruitments done timely, all CWI/CP team have updated & acknowledged JD, Proportion objectives and evaluations, year goal setting, midterm evaluation and annual evaluation is done fairly, genuinely and in quality manner in the given due date.
- Ensure the CWI/CP team utilized their annual leave in a well-planned manner in a way not affecting the usual work • Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisors.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req40108
- Job Title: Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) and Child Protection Manager – Maternity Cover
- Sector: Community Development
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Adama, Ethiopia
Qualification & Experience:
- MA/BA Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Women’s Studies or other Social Science fields.
- At least 1 year of staff management experience.
- Previous experience in project and grant management in conflict or post conflict situations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development, including practical experience with budgeting, log frame development, and writing of technical descriptions; and excellent English writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring.
How to Apply IRC Community Wellbeing Initiative and Child Protection Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/40108?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 17th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.