IRC Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Deputy Chief of Party“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 3rd July 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Chief of Party to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Support the COP in providing strategic and technical leadership and direction, defining and implementing activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives; serve as Acting COP in the COP’s absence.
- Closely monitor the implementation of project activities against approved work plans and budgets and ensure timely completion of results and achievement of objectives.
- Ensure project delivery meets all standard operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee project management of multi-million dollar project in full compliance to BHA regulations, terms, and conditions.
- Support the COP in managing consortium partnerships and maintain collaborative partner relations, ensuring that all partners are aware of the project’s expectations and are actively involved in achieving the objectives while using the project management tools developed or adapted for the consortium.
- Support reporting to BHA through both formal and informal debriefings, annual and semi-annual reports; lead review of periodic programmatic reports and their ensure timely submission to the COP.
- Assist COP in maintaining active and cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, project partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions.
- Work closely with project staff and partners to identify, document and disseminate best practices.
- Represent the project and the organization in public, as assigned, and support the distribution of information about project achievements and lesson learned.
- Support project staff by creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility.
- Conduct other activities as assigned by the COP
- Ensure that IRC and donor visibility standards are maintained by all implementing partners.
- Ensure that a broad range of communications products are developed and disseminated to inform stakeholders on the objectives and achievements of the project.
- Lead strategy review and ensure that staffing structure is fit for purpose.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req42682
- Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
- Sector: Program Administration
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Bachelor Degree.
- Minimum Eight Years Working Experience.
How to Apply IRC Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/42682?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 3rd July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.