IRC Education Technical Advisor Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IRC Uganda looking for “Education Technical Advisor”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before May 20, 2024.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on December 21, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Education Technical Advisor to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IRC Job Vacancy 2024
- Support country program staff to design programs and projects, ensuring that they are:
- Aligned with the IRC’s strategy 2020 which includes contextualizing education outcomes, the theories of change and include interventions chosen based on best available evidence;
- Responsive to client needs and preferences based on sound context and gender analysis
- Support selection of indicators for country programs based on available and emerging indicator testing;
- Lead and facilitate as needed technical design of proposals; write technical narrative as needed; review technical quality of proposals, including providing input on budgets required for project delivery, technical activities, ensuring alignment to IRC’s education and cross-sectoral outcomes;
- Input into go / no go decisions and pre-positioning on upcoming proposals;
- Help analyze data to inform periodic review and course correction to ensure that IRC’s programs are based on evidence and are evidence-generating;
- Conduct technical training and ongoing technical coaching for country program staff, including on outcomes, theories of change, evidence and indicators;
- Provide specific guidance to IRC education programs in Latin America in efforts to integrate best practices into standard IRC Teacher Professional Development
- Share cross-context learning with country program staff across the region;
- Review and share program-specific tools / resources / curricula working with IRC education specialist to contextualize and adapt global and country-specific materials;
- Support planning and implementation of partnership activities, including research initiatives with academic partners
- Support senior technical country program recruitment;
- Engage with donors and do outreach in support of country programs, especially in relation to program start up;
- Help define approach to teaming / partnering with regional and national organizations, including youth led organizations;
- Present IRC research findings across contexts and relevant conferences;
- Support senior country program staff onboarding.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Education Technical Advisor
- Requisition ID: req47431
- Job Title: Education Technical Advisor – East Africa
- Sector: Education
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Work Arrangement: Fully Remote
- Master’s/post-graduate degree in education, education psychology, social work, human development or relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Participate in ongoing training courses and share knowledge and skill sets within the unit.
- A minimum of 6-8 years’ experience of implementing and/or managing large Education programs and teams is required, within a humanitarian or international development setting, as are at least 2-3 years acting in an advisory capacity on education programming. Education work experience in East Africa is required. Experience in technical tools and materials development, monitoring and evaluation, and research in relation to education is highly desired. Experience in strategy development and working across sectors or disciplines is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is a non-negotiable requirement; proficiency in Swahili an advantage.
How to Apply IRC Education Technical Advisor Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/47431?c=rescue
The Closing Date: May 20, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- FHI 360 Director of Finance and Administration Jobs 2024
- IRC Senior Regional Projects and Partnerships Coordinator Jobs 2024
- DRC Information Management Coordinator Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Operations Lead Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales and Service Center Associate Jobs 2023
- IGCP Digital Lead Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Head of Health and Nutrition Jobs 2024