IRC Health and Nutrition Coordinator Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IRC Ethiopia looking for “Health and Nutrition Coordinator”.
Applicants with a Masters Degree may apply on or before 08th January, 2024.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 26th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Health and Nutrition Coordinator to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2024
- Identify performance gaps and design interventions and develop action plans in collaboration with Sr Health and Nutrition managers and field managers to manage activities and improve the quality-of-service provision supported.
- Ensure quality of clinical and non-clinical service provision in IRC supported health facilities according to national, WHO or international standards through communication of standards, assessing and monitoring performance against standards and guiding and motivating staff to meet and maintain standard.
- In collaboration with the Sr Health and Nutrition Coordinator, monitor quality standards across all project sites.
- Provide timely and quality inputs to project design and implementation through reviewing or developing need and progress assessment tools; writing proposal budget and narrative; and developing TOC/log-frames while working with the rest of the unit’s team.
- Provide technical supportive supervision on all IRC health and nutrition projects in the region(s). Extend technical support and supervision to the IRC’s implementing partners when requested.
- Represent IRC/participate at TWGs, consortium meetings and national clusters at FMOH, RHBs, EPHI and other stakeholders.
- Represent IRC on donor’s meetings in the absence of the Sr Health and Nutrition coordinator.
- Maintain documentation of relevant information and communicate to the Sr Health and Nutrition coordinator regularly.
- Ensure that health interventions in Ethiopia adhere to IRC’s core policy documents and guidelines, including the Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF).
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by setting up quality assurance systems and checks in collaboration with the Addis and field-based health and nutrition team.
- Coordinate with other sectors within IRC multisectoral approached grants and perform other tasks assigned by the Sr Health and Nutrition coordinator
- Ensure that health and nutrition grants are implemented according to internal IRC and donor regulations.
- Participate in grant opening, midterm review and grant closing meetings for grants and ensure that the same process is implemented by the Sr Health and Nutrition managers and the field team.
- Support the team in use of grant management tools such as the budget tracking tools, activity progress monitoring tools, procurement plans, etc.
- Support the Sr Health and Nutrition Coordinator for all health and nutrition projects in grant management including adherence of budget expenditure according to IRC and donor regulation and participating in project review meeting.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req47517
- Job Title: Health and Nutrition Coordinator
- Sector: Health
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Master’s level education in health-related field such as MPH. Must have health clinical background (nursing, health officer, MD)
- Six years professional experience in implementing and managing health programs and related budgets.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, managing, and providing technical support and assistance to field-based program/project staff.
- Experience with an international NGO in a similar role is a plus.
- Excellent English writing skills (candidates will be asked to demonstrate these skills in a practical exam if shortlisted)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply IRC Health and Nutrition Coordinator Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/47517?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 08th January, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- NRC Logistics and Administration Technical Assistant Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Senior Program Officer Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Regional SBC Advisor Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Senior Nutrition Coordination Advisor Jobs 2024
- IMMAP Intern – Information Management Jobs 2024
- NRC ICT Technical Assistant Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Team Lead Jobs 2024