IRC Human Resource and Administration Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IRC Uganda looking for “Human Resource and Administration Officer”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before March 24, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on March 11, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Human Resource and Administration Officer to be based in Arua, Uganda.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and On-boarding:
- Initiate and coordinate all the recruitment requests and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the policy.
- Prepare and post all job advertisements for all vacant positions in appropriate channels and ensure wide and appropriate distribution, this includes e-filing of application and sending out HR communications.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Maintain an organized recruitment resource database and bi-weekly update the recruitment status report and send it to all managers on a weekly basis.
- Organize interviews and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the IRC policy.
- Liaise with hiring managers and HR/Admin staff to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire. Includes providing pre-assignment information, orienting employee to the IRC Way in the office
- Support the Senior HR and Admin Officer during new staff on boarding and ensures all the paper works are correctly done and share with the responsible staff in Kampala.
- Preparing and track offer letters and employment contracts.
- Prepare COS (Change of Status) forms as required and draft /track Staff Contracts, termination forms/notifications.
- Ensure internal equity is maintained for staff compensation and benefits and advice programs leads accordingly.
- Ensure staff understands their benefits package and lead an effective administration of the benefits.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving.
- Ensure the IRC way violations are captured, reported, and followed through on a monthly basis.
- Support the management of IRC Uganda’s HRIS system and ensuring that it is accurate and maintained up to date.
- Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes in Cornerstone and the HRIS as assigned, to ensure 100% data integrity.
- Act as a point of contact for all Cornerstone enquiries
- Capacity building employees, management, and HR Focal points in use of Cornerstone and the HRIS.
- Support Payroll process for national staff, as required.
Qualification & Experience:
- University Degree, in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or similar professional qualification.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in human resources.
- Strong knowledge and experience of HRISs, and ideally in supporting others to use HRIS.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of managing a payroll, preferably for more than 400 employees.
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector.
- Strong experience in a human resource support role.
- Ability to analyze and interpret numerical data and processes.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality of HR information.
- Ability to use judgement to determine when to deal with a query to conclusion or when to pass to another member of the team.
- Organized and methodical and with good attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work within a multi-site, international organization.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work towards a resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Requisition ID: req38482
- Job Title: Human Resource & Administration Officer
- Sector: Human Resources
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Imvepi, Uganda
How to Apply IRC Human Resource and Administration Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: March 24, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.