IRC Inclusion Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Inclusion Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 25 April 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Inclusion Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Overview / Summary: The Inclusion Specialist will be based in a sub-team responsible for leading the overall thematic area of Inclusion within VPRU, promoting more inclusive humanitarian programming at the IRC, rooted in a strong analysis of context, power, gender and how intersecting aspects of identity may result in discrimination, oppression, and exclusion.
- Reporting to the VPRU Inclusion Advisor – Strategy and Learning Team, the Inclusion Specialist provides project-specific technical support for the thematic area of Inclusion within VPRU. The Inclusion Specialist may directly supervise consultant-based, term-limited positions as needed. They coordinate with and support VPRU Country Support Technical Advisors on Inclusive VPR Programming and also coordinate with and support colleagues from IRC’s Program Quality Support Unit (PQSU), Emergencies and Humanitarian Action Unit (EHAU), Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (GEDI) Unit and the AirBel Impact Lab.
- Provides timely and quality technical assistance related to the thematic area of Inclusion for a variety of Technical Innovation projects with and beyond VPRU.
- As needed, support the VPRU Country Support team in delivering remote or in-person technical assistance related to the thematic area of Inclusion on the functions of program design, business development and technical capacity building of country programs as appropriate.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years demonstrable, progressively responsible experience in inclusive practice within humanitarian programming including but not limited to gender, age, disability and diverse SOGIESC inclusion and/or protection mainstreaming.
- Understanding of learning and best practice as well as existing external policy and practice landscape around Inclusion in humanitarian response including humanitarian architecture structures for representation at an Inter-Agency level.
- Experience leading capacity strengthening activities around the theme of inclusion as well as working in close collaboration with CSOs, Grass-Roots Organisations and Representative Organizations to build meaningful and equitable partnerships.
- Understanding of (and ideally experience managing) knowledge management platforms to support organisation-wide capacity strengthening around the theme of inclusion in humanitarian programming.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Inclusion Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 25 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs