IRC MEAL Officer Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IRC Uganda looking for “MEAL Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before January 03, 2024.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on December 23, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of MEAL Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IRC Job Vacancy 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Run the MEAL system and processes for Kulea Watoto project in Kampala in harmony with the MEAL Country and Global Strategies throughout the project cycle which include:
- Collaborate with MEAL and non-MEAL staff to ensure that data is collected, compiled, checked for its quality and completeness in compliance with IRC and donors’ standards for data quality.
- Document and share learning, evidence, and data from previous projects to inform project proposal design.
- Implement M&E/MEAL plans, revise (digital) data collection tools, follow-up on processes for online data management, quality checks, and audits, and updating of data visualization.
- Undertake regular analysis of monitoring data and work closely with program officers and managers to facilitate decision-making for real-time program adaptation.
- Produce quality reports and updating dashboards with key findings that foster learning and decision-making and share in project cycle management meetings and team meetings.
- Identify, document, and share client feedback to improve services and results for our clients.
- Support deployment of surveys such as baseline and end line, and the commission of evaluations in coordination with colleagues and partners.
- Support the use of standard mobile data technology and online dashboard to enhance timeliness and quality of data collection, analysis, and visualization.
- Join and contribute to IRC’s effort in meeting its internal and external accountability commitments through the implementation of sound accountability, client feedback, and response mechanisms.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req47422
- Job Title: MEAL Officer
- Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- A technical degree or equivalent – additional relevant work experience may substitute for education.
- A University degree in a relevant field (such as: statistics & data management, social science, public health, development economics, or a related subject area)
- A Minimum 3 years of working experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning-related functions.
- Possess basic technical knowledge of M&E approaches and techniques in some or all of the following areas: Outputs, Outcome monitoring, Logical frameworks, Data collection, Basic data analysis, Accountability, Client feedback mechanisms;
- Good computer skills in MS Office, especially Excel; and Word – with experience in writing reports;
- Technical skills in setting up quality MEAL processes and creating logical frameworks and data analysis that leads to learning and action.
- Experience in conducting primary quantitative data collection and data entry;
- Proficiency and experience with mobile data collection such as Kobo, Commcare, ODK as well as proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA, or other similar software. Knowledge of PowerBi, and GIS software tools are additional assets.
- Demonstrated analytical, systematic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods together with presentation and reporting skills are a strong asset.
- Confirmed ability to lead, mentor, and empower a small to medium professional team.
- Self-motivated with good organization, and planning skills, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
- A strong understanding of accountability and proven ability to build Client Feedback Systems
- Demonstratable ability to engage and build excellent working relationships with local partner organisations implementing the project is vital during project delivery.
- Fluency in English Language both written and spoken is required
- Ability to speak the local language is desired; Knowledge of other local languages is an added advantage.
How to Apply IRC MEAL Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/47422?c=rescue
The Closing Date: January 03, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- IRC Paralegal model Toolkit and Training Manual Development Consultant Jobs 2024
- IRC Justice Systems Analysis Toolkit Development Consultant Jobs 2024
- IRC Senior Finance Officer Jobs 2024
- IGCP Production Manager Jobs 2023
- IGCP Human Resource Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Education Technical Advisor Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Director of Finance and Administration Jobs 2024