IRC Nutrition Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IRC Uganda looking for “Nutrition Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 30, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on June 24 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Assistant to be based in Lamwo, Uganda.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of the emergency nutrition response in the selected location while ensuring adherence to the stipulated protocols (i.e., OTC, ITC).
- Implementation of supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant and Lactating women.
- Implement comprehensive Maternal Infant and young Child nutrition and Baby friendly community initiatives (BFCI) approaches.
- Support capacity building and On-site mentorship for Nutrition refugee staff and VHTs through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings.
- Support the systematic delivery of health and nutrition education messages to the community and facility level.
- Monitor and review requisition, storage and consumption of nutrition supplies and equipment at field level.
- Offer nutrition support through counselling to individuals with medical complications including clients with chronic medical conditions.
- Conduct Mass screening for children under-fives regularly in collaboration with community health volunteers.
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition program weekly, biweekly, and monthly report of all activities implemented.
- To carry out home visits as a follow up on discharged patients to ensure adherence of the clients on the nutrition programs.
- Support the EPI department through carrying out routine growth monitoring activities and ensuring that all malnourished children have child health cards.
- Ensure that all the stored food supplements are safe and free from contamination and theft and the store is clean all the time.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req42576
- Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
- Sector: Health
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Lamwo, Uganda
- Diploma in Food Nutrition and dietetics from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with respective professional body.
- Minimum of 1-year direct experience implementing nutrition, food security, or related programming with a humanitarian or development agency.
- Experience of maternal infant and young child nutrition with strong BFHI/BFCI approaches.
- Proven analytical, planning, communication/ negotiation skills and ability to think strategically.
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a settlement/camp setting) will be an added advantage.
- Flexible and positive personality.
- Knowledge of nutrition protocols, including SPHERE standards, WHO protocols, and MoH Nutrition Protocols.
- Experience in community health education and mobilization practices and standards required.
How to Apply IRC Nutrition Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/42576?c=rescue
The Closing Date: June 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.