IRC Regional Safeguarding Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Regional Safeguarding Advisor”. Applicants with a Degree in relevant field may apply on or before 20 June 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Safeguarding Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Convene stakeholders and facilitate progress toward IRC Safeguarding Minimum Standards for each country program in the Central Africa region. Where in-country, permanent safeguarding staff are present, support them in their role as conveners and facilitators of progress on the standards.
- Ensure and track participation in dynamic, regular learning (onboarding, refreshers, etc.) and dialogue related to safeguarding for IRC staff across the region, covering IRC policies and procedures, behavioral expectations, reporting pathways, and other topics identified with staff and regional leadership.
- Collaborate with the VPRU Senior Safeguarding Advisor and country-based VPRU and Health teams to ensure that site-level service mappings are complete for all Central Africa offices, and that contact details for Safeguarding Focal Points and site-level responders are accessible to all staff and appropriately socialized.
- Collaborate with country and regional Client Responsiveness teams to develop clear client communication and engagement strategies, feedback mechanisms, and client satisfaction surveys.
- Support the development of country-level safeguarding SOPs, capturing client feedback mechanisms and clear pathways for survivor-centered response for staff and clients who experience safeguarding violations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in relevant field relating to humanitarian action, protection, sexual violence, or training. Equivalent professional or lived experience will be equally regarded to educational background.
- Contextual understanding of Central Africa is required. Lived experience in the region is strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant program and/or safeguarding experience with an international humanitarian organization
- Experience with client protection from abuse and exploitation, sexual violence in development and humanitarian contexts in conflict/refugee settings, and knowledge of international protection frameworks and mechanisms on safeguarding
- Experience working with Gender Based Violence or Child Protection related programs is an asset.
- Capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including implementation, advisory /technical function, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Regional Safeguarding Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.