IRC Violence Prevention and Response Regional Lead Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IRC Uganda looking for “Violence Prevention and Response Regional Lead”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before February 07, 2024.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on January 27, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Violence Prevention and Response Regional Lead to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IRC Job Vacancy 2024
Functional Leadership, Coordination and Implementation Support:
- Provide technical leadership across the region, including by contextualizing the Safety Strategy at the regional level in partnership with Technical Advisors, DRD, + Deputy Director of Programs (DDP) and in line with Country Program Strategic Action Plans
- Promote programming coherence and strategic direction of the VPR programming portfolio including identifying opportunities for intra and cross-sectoral integration.
- Closely coordinate with Global Practice Leads and HQ functions to facilitate translation of global standards to the region and of country-generated innovation and learning to global practice
- Support regional Technical Advisors to address implementation bottlenecks and critical quality concerns in the region’s programming portfolio, in partnership with the Deputy Regional Director (DRD)
- Increase quality of technical collaboration across the region by fostering cross-regional dialogue with other regional technical teams
- Provide technical oversight of regional strategic projects in collaboration with the Global Practice Leads as appropriate and/or budgeted, escalating quality assurance challenges as needed
- Foster relationships with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders to make strategic connections and identify opportunities
- Provide stop-gap direct implementation support as/if appropriate and budgeted on CP-grants
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req48047
- Job Title: Violence Prevention and Response Regional Lead, East Africa
- Sector: Violence Prevention and Response
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Compensation: GBP 71,094.00 – 82,943.00 Annually
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Work Arrangement: Open to Remote
- Masters’ degree in Social Sciences, International Law and/or related fields or an equivalent professional experience background is required. Sound training on the use of data and research evidence for programmatic decisions and rigorous analytic skills are an advantage.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Highly seasoned professional with at least 8+ years of progressive technical and management experience leading and managing technical teams
- Established technical expertise in at least one of the VPR Global Practice Areas relevant to East Africa. Professional and/or lived experience in East Africa context and sound understanding of the region is a huge advantage.
- Excellent management and leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, and performance management
- Strong track record of leading multi-location technical programs
- Strong track record of driving uptake of evidence-based practice
- Experience managing multiple projects with multi-disciplinary collaborators
- Demonstrated ability to influence across a wide range of diverse stakeholders internally and externally
- Strong track record of identifying and converting business development opportunities (when leading and managing the leader)
- Knowledge and understanding of the respective regional context
- Ability to work, manage, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; outstanding business acumen, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills required
- Superb inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills with ability to collaborate across countries, cultures, and departments
- Fluency in English required. Additional regionally spoken language is a huge advantage.
- Ability to travel regionally and globally up to 35% of the time, occasionally on short notice.
- Posted pay ranges apply to UK-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
How to Apply IRC Violence Prevention and Response Regional Lead Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/48047?c=rescue
The Closing Date: February 07, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- IRC Regional Lead Jobs 2024
- IRI Program Manager Jobs 2024
- IRI Office Assistant Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Business Counselor Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Microenterprise Specialist Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Associate Agronomy Advisor Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Senior Finance Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Assistant Public Health Officer Jobs 2024
- NRC Education Coordinator Jobs 2024