ISS Programme Head Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
ISS Ethiopia looking for “Programme Head”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before January 15, 2024.
The Institute for Security Studies (ISS) partners to build knowledge and skills that secure Africa’s future. Our goal is to enhance human security as a means to achieve sustainable peace and prosperity. The ISS is an African non-profit organisation with offices in South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia and Senegal. Our work covers transnational crimes, migration, maritime security and development, peacekeeping, peacebuilding, crime prevention and criminal justice, and the analysis of conflict and governance. Using our networks and influence, we provide timely and credible analysis, practical training and technical assistance to governments and civil society.
The ISS has published a job vacancy announcement on December 11, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Head to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
ISS Job Vacancy 2024
Overview of Duties:
- Responsible for the strategic direction and development of the programme
- Fundraising, donor liaison and reporting
- Financial and budget planning and controls
- Managing and motivating staff
- Ensuring quality control and delivery of outputs and outcomes in line with donor contracts and the ISS strategic plan
- Representing the ISS at high-level meetings in Africa and globally
- Actively contributing at ISS management meetings and to ISS-wide planning and reporting processes
- Ensuring the programme’s work is high quality and relevant in Africa and globally
- Ensuring effective communication of results to target audiences
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Providing management support to the Regional Director.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Programme Head, Horn of Africa Security Analysis
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- PhD or Master’s degree in social sciences, law, humanities or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in policy research or policymaking at an international organisation or senior government level
- Deep understanding of human security challenges and policies in the Horn
- Extensive experience working at high levels across Africa and globally
- Demonstrated success in providing strong leadership and effective management for complex initiatives and teams
- A background in designing, managing and overseeing research programmes, policy advocacy, training programmes and technical assistance initiatives
- Experience building relationships to influence policy and action
- A demonstrated history of securing funding from donors and stakeholders and writing compelling proposals and reports
- Expertise in monitoring and evaluation using results-based management
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; proficiency in French and/or Arabic would be valuable.
How to Apply ISS Programme Head Jobs 2024
Email your application to email@example.com. Applicants must provide a cover letter, CV including at least three contactable referees, and a copy of a recently published article in a peer-reviewed journal or equivalent. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 15 January 2024
The ISS values diversity, professional integrity and innovation in the workplace, as well as a commitment to its mission of promoting human security in Africa. Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.