ISS Senior Researcher Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
ISS Ethiopia looking for “Senior Researcher”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before January 15, 2024.
The Institute for Security Studies (ISS) partners to build knowledge and skills that secure Africa’s future. Our goal is to enhance human security as a means to achieve sustainable peace and prosperity. The ISS is an African non-profit organisation with offices in South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia and Senegal. Our work covers transnational crimes, migration, maritime security and development, peacekeeping, peacebuilding, crime prevention and criminal justice, and the analysis of conflict and governance. Using our networks and influence, we provide timely and credible analysis, practical training and technical assistance to governments and civil society.
The ISS has published a job vacancy announcement on December 11, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Researcher to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
ISS Job Vacancy 2024
Overview of Duties:
- Monitor peace and security developments in the Horn
- Conduct primary and secondary research and ensure findings are disseminated appropriately to target audiences
- Lead on ISS’ support to the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) and governments in the Horn through technical support and training
- Manage research projects and provide support to junior team members
- Engage with partner organizations, regional institutions and international stakeholders
- Conduct media interviews
- Organize seminars, briefings and roundtables and present research findings internally and externally
- Identify new funding opportunities and draft grant proposals.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Senior Researcher, Horn of Africa Security Analysis
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Master’s degree or PhD in international studies, peace and conflict resolution, political science, security studies, law or related field
- At least 7 years’ experience in a policy, research, government, training or other relevant professional environment, preferably with a focus on the Horn
- Excellent understanding of conflict resolution, negotiations and political transitions in complex environments
- Proven networking and interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with international and continental organizations, governments and civil society
- Experience in budget management and financial administration
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Track record of publications, media commentary and international public speaking
- Excellent English verbal and written skills; skills in French and/or Arabic will be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel in the region and beyond.
How to Apply ISS Senior Researcher Jobs 2024
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must provide a cover letter, CV including at least three contactable referees, and a copy of a recently published article in a peer-reviewed journal or equivalent. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 15 January 2024
The ISS values diversity, professional integrity and innovation in the workplace, as well as a commitment to its mission of promoting human security in Africa. Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
View More Jobs:
- NRC HR and Administration Team Leader Jobs 2023
- NRC HR and Administration Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Support Coordinator Jobs 2023
- IRC Humanitarian Access Safety and Security Manager Jobs 2023
- UNDP Programme Assistant Jobs 2023
- IRC Recruitment Assistant Jobs 2023
- IRC Deputy Director Supply Chain Jobs 2023